AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tie-Point Tag in 3D Model

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
TRdesigner82
3560 Views, 10 Replies

Tie-Point Tag in 3D Model

Is there a way to get a 3D Tie-Point to display in the model and then show up on the isos? I'm thinking the only way to really do this is to create a component with custom geomotry and add it to a pipe spec. I don't want it to break the pipe so I don't know what kind of component to use. Also, I'd like it to read the Tie-In number from the properties. I'm not sure if this is possible or what is the easiest/best way to do it. Maybe there's a way to do it through the Iso Message some how? Any suggestions would be appreciated. See attached for an idea of what I want to see in the model.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
jabowabo
in reply to: TRdesigner82

Only way I have found to do this is through the API - kind of tricky though:  TiePoint

Message 3 of 11
TRdesigner82
in reply to: jabowabo

Should I know what the API is?
Message 4 of 11
jabowabo

It's the programming interface Autodesk makes available to customize and add functionality.  I adapted this code to create the routine in the video.

Message 5 of 11
milic.srdjan

Hi to all,

Is it possible, or just a idea, to create a welding point with a custom properties (added in Projects settings), and attached ISO message to it. Also it is possible to create a block for a 3D model, with a informations that You need to be in design.

Srdjan Milic

Message 6 of 11
patpat79
in reply to: milic.srdjan

Correct me if I am wrong or misunderstand something, but as per your attach image, isnt the ISO message function enough? thanks

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Message 7 of 11
DGRL

Hi @jabowabo

Are you willing to share the code you made?

Best regards,

If this was of any help please kudo and/or Accept as Solution
Kind Regards
Message 8 of 11
Ruffy85

its fully integrated since 2016?

you can use the reference Dimension or Iso Message for that.

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).
Message 9 of 11
Ruffy85
in reply to: milic.srdjan

yes it is @milic.srdjan

STRG + Leftclick on welding point.

MAybe you have to create custom properties for that.

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).
Message 10 of 11
JameseeT3KVM
in reply to: patpat79

For us, the answer is no. Because the iso message shapes change size sometimes and look bad. 

Message 11 of 11
JameseeT3KVM
in reply to: JameseeT3KVM

The answer would be no here as well. The Box (Diamond end) looks terrible on the iso. It changes size and sometimes shape. We are always adding this item again in 2D to cleanup the iso.

So we are doing the work a few times: we add a block and information in the model, add an iso message so that the location is not lost/overlooked when running isos, and then detail the diamond end box and replace with the client required Tie Point block. Crazy town.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost