AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

terrible trouble with catalogs

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jbklingsmith
283 Views, 3 Replies

terrible trouble with catalogs

Hello everyone,

We are working in Plant 3D, but we have several issues... we are wanting to add customized valves to our catalog but it seems impossible. 

ALSO, we have a lot of equipment to add, BUT it will not let me do this either... both case when i import the dwg is says that it could read geomtry or none found.. ALSO when I check the eqipment exqmplt pipe support we do not have these types I tried to add but how... 

I know hot to add a traditional valve or pipe & fitting THESE I DO NOT NEED HELP ON... most All the tutiorals are about pipe and fittings... I need on equipment... 

No, we need them into the catalog later on into the specs... 

thx

james

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
patpat79
in reply to: jbklingsmith

For Custom Valves, the standard way to do it is 1) Model it via Autocad, 2) Convert that 3D model to Block 3) Convert it to plant 3D component using "Planpartconvert" command(Here you can add ports). 4) Use that converted valve into the Spec Editor. If you havent tried doing it, I'll add a snap shot for your reference.

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Message 3 of 4
jbklingsmith
in reply to: patpat79

Hello Pat,

Many thinaks for the response... BUT you missed the point.... I am wanting to create custom items in my catalog FOR EQUIPMENT 5AHU or RMAUs example)... NOT for Valves.

As I have written I have tried with autocd part and block both do not recognize the geometry...

thx

james

Message 4 of 4
TRdesigner82
in reply to: jbklingsmith

Like creating a custom valve, you need to model it in Plant3D first then convert it to equipment using the PLANTEQUIPMENTCONVERT command. After doing this, you can add connection points to the nozzles. If possible, start with a template and attach additional geometry. This way you can change nozzle size/locations later on down the road. If you model the nozzles you'll have to explode the equipment, change your nozzle size/location and the convert to equipment all over again, then re-create your connection points.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost