AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tap Welds and extra weld id

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
JRPalmer
6726 Views, 4 Replies

Tap Welds and extra weld id

I have added custom properties  to the database manager and i have gotten it to transfer data to the ISO drawing.

The added info does not show up for Tapwelds, but does for buttwelds and socketwelds.

Also in the attached drawing there 9 ids for welds. There are only 8 weld dots visible in the drawing. which consits of 5 buttwelds, 2 socketwelds and 1 tapweld.

Where is the extra Weld Id comiong from?

How can I get the info to transfer from Database manager to the ISO for tapweld?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Sam2M
in reply to: JRPalmer

Hi,

I met  this issue too

I tried to manipulate isoconfig.xml too without success

No way to generate any annotaion (with annotation sheme) on tap welds ....

Does sombody has a solution ?

Thanks

Message 3 of 5
dave

Hi, All

Autodesk have got serious issues with the ISO’s, it don’t work, it’s got a mine of its own and Autodesk know it, and are trying to fix it, there are a lot of ISO symbols missing, and SKEYS missing in the iso config xml file, compared to the Isogen package. And no one that I have contacted at Autodesk seems to be able to help. What we need is some detailed information on how to configure it so it works, I’ve spent a lot of time on trying to get it to work, but it don’t. I have now given up on it for now, I just hope Autodesk have got it fixed for the next release or we’re stuff.

Message 4 of 5
Vicky.Wu

We could get normal weld info via below steps:

Project Setup> Setup Title block > Iso Themes Ribbon> Override Themes drop-down list, select Vent/Drain Piping> Check Off

Regarding the extra weld ID, it was a limitation in Plant 3D 2012. We wil investigate it.

Vicky
Autodesk Plant Solutions
Message 5 of 5
BSchwartzkopf
in reply to: Vicky.Wu

When I select vent/drain off the weld bubbles show up but the scale of my line goes crazy.

When I select vent/drain on the scale and dimensions are correct but there are no weld callouts.

Is there a way to combine the two to get the correct scale and dimesnions plus the weld callouts. I have attached two pictures and the only difference in the two are selecting off/on. They are the exact same items iso'd.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost