AutoCAD Plant 3D General DIscussion

AutoCAD Plant 3D General DIscussion

Valued Contributor
JRPalmer
Message 1 of 4 (2,623 Views)

Tap Welds and extra weld id

2623 Views, 3 Replies
10-27-2011 10:22 AM

I have added custom properties  to the database manager and i have gotten it to transfer data to the ISO drawing.

The added info does not show up for Tapwelds, but does for buttwelds and socketwelds.

Also in the attached drawing there 9 ids for welds. There are only 8 weld dots visible in the drawing. which consits of 5 buttwelds, 2 socketwelds and 1 tapweld.

Where is the extra Weld Id comiong from?

How can I get the info to transfer from Database manager to the ISO for tapweld?

Contributor
Sam2M
Message 2 of 4 (2,540 Views)

Re: Tap Welds and extra weld id

03-12-2012 06:59 AM in reply to: JRPalmer

Hi,

I met  this issue too

I tried to manipulate isoconfig.xml too without success

No way to generate any annotaion (with annotation sheme) on tap welds ....

Does sombody has a solution ?

Thanks

dave
Message 3 of 4 (2,529 Views)

03-12-2012 01:10 PM in reply to: JRPalmer

Hi, All

Autodesk have got serious issues with the ISO’s, it don’t work, it’s got a mine of its own and Autodesk know it, and are trying to fix it, there are a lot of ISO symbols missing, and SKEYS missing in the iso config xml file, compared to the Isogen package. And no one that I have contacted at Autodesk seems to be able to help. What we need is some detailed information on how to configure it so it works, I’ve spent a lot of time on trying to get it to work, but it don’t. I have now given up on it for now, I just hope Autodesk have got it fixed for the next release or we’re stuff.

Employee
VickyADSK
Message 4 of 4 (2,494 Views)

03-14-2012 09:04 PM in reply to: JRPalmer

We could get normal weld info via below steps:

Project Setup> Setup Title block > Iso Themes Ribbon> Override Themes drop-down list, select Vent/Drain Piping> Check Off

Regarding the extra weld ID, it was a limitation in Plant 3D 2012. We wil investigate it.

Vicky
Autodesk Plant Solutions
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Plant 3D Category!

The AutoCAD Plant 3D forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.