AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support tagging and dimensions

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Jorgen1990
327 Views, 2 Replies

Support tagging and dimensions

Hi!

Can anyone suggest a good way to set up automatic tagging for pipe supports. When I insert a support in 3D model, I would like to automatically assign an idenical tag to it in format like "S-xx-xxx", where S means support, xx is the pipe DN and xxx is just an identifying number (001, 002, 003...). And I would like to get the tags on ortho drawings as well as in isos.

And also, is it possible to "save" the modified dimensions of a support? When I select clamped slide from Tool Palette, I always have to modify the supports to match the standard supports we use. Can I save my modified dimensions to tool palette?

Cheers,

Jörgen

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ybogdanov
in reply to: Jorgen1990

It's necessary to change the TAG format in Project Setup of Suports, and activate autogenerate number in the TAG configuration.

After is necessary to create new anotation for suports with type of text which you need

-----------------------------------------------------------
Yury Bogdanov
ASIDEK(Grupo CT) - Partner Directo de Autodesk
Barcelona (Spain)
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Jorgen1990

I am working on this now and am not having any luck getting the automatic increment of the number.  Still investigating, but was wondering if you ever found a solution.  In P&ID, it is simple but in P3D, following the same procedures, it is not working.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost