AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

support annotation in isometric drawing

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
bapan_b
1042 Views, 7 Replies

support annotation in isometric drawing

Hi

I have created new support Tag format like VBA-150-01 (i’e <valve type>-<size>-<number>). And for ortho annotation I have created like VBA-150 only.  On my isometric drawing I want see the pipe support annotation  like ortho annotation i’e VBA-150 ( <valve type>-<size>).

In isoconfig.xml file default coding is :-

<ComponentScheme Name="SupportTag" AnnotationStyle="standard" Enabled="true" Grouping="true" Tag="XX" Alignment="FlatHorizontal" LeaderStyle="AsNeeded" Filter="Support" Fields="TAG" />

Can anyone help me?

15 Years Experience in Piping
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Hi,

Can you send me the isoconfig.xml file and also the main model drawing. I will try to test it out and provide you a quick feedback.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 3 of 8
bapan_b
in reply to: bapan_b

please open the attached link

Isoconfig.xml

Model Drawing

tag.png

Message 4 of 8

please open the attached link

http://a360.co/1bbZms3

http://a360.co/1f5amIz

http://a360.co/1cOKWJy

Message 5 of 8
Vicky.Wu

Modify the filter value into NotBoltWeldFlangeGasket.
Vicky
Autodesk Plant Solutions
Message 6 of 8
bapan_b
in reply to: Vicky.Wu

thank you for reply.

but the point is not solved.

the valve tagging is "VBA-150-001", ||  the valve annotation is "VBA-150" || and I want Iso annotation "VBA-150".

Support tagging is "SAS-150-001",  ||  the support annotation is "SAS-150" || and I want ISO annotation "SAS-150".

I have modified Isoconfig.xml file coding :

for Valve

<ComponentScheme Name="TAG" AnnotationStyle="standard" Enabled="true" Grouping="true" Tag="XX" Alignment="FlatHorizontal" LeaderStyle="AsNeeded" Filter="NotBoltWeldFlangeGasket" Fields="TAG" />

for Support

<ComponentScheme Name="SupportTag" AnnotationStyle="standard" Enabled="true" Grouping="true" Tag="XX" Alignment="FlatHorizontal" LeaderStyle="AsNeeded" Filter="NotBoltWeldFlangeGasket" Fields="TAG" />

but not solved.

Message 7 of 8
Vicky.Wu

If you want display valve tag and support tag with different styles ,then you could still use "Valve" as the filter for TAG, and "Support" as the filter for SupportTag. Please ignore my suggestion of modifying the filter to NotBoltWeldFlangeGasket. The Tag annotation will be displayed in Iso, same as the tag info in PCF file. I tried to create a new pipeline with valve and support, assign tag for both of them, the tag annotations were both outputted into Iso correctly. Thus the function is working fine. now let's turn back to your senario. I copy your attached 3d model into a new created metric project and found below: In 600-WSY-9898-BBA pipeline, the two supports tag annotations SAS-600-4 and SAS-600-5 are both displayed correctly in Iso. In 350-WSY-055-BBA pipeline, only one valve get a tag : VEA-350-2? . I don't know why there get a ? in the Tag. I think that might be the reason why you couldn't see the tag annotation of Valve in Iso. Then i go to PP to modify the Tag : Code: VEA-350 Number: 002 After re-assign the tag for valve, VEA-350-002 is displayed for valve. So there might be some mismatching for the valve tag somewhere. would you please try it again. For me , after reassign it, it works.
Vicky
Autodesk Plant Solutions
Message 8 of 8
bapan_b

Vicky, you are absolutely correct, whatever valve/support tag I assigned in P3D that is display correctly in isometric drawing. As per our project requirement I want to display the valve/support tag in isometric drawing is <Type> and <Size> only, although the tag format in P3D is <Type>-<Size>-<Number>.

Present Setting is :

Tag Format : VBA-350-001 ( <Type>-<Size>-<Number>)

Orth Anno  : VBA-350        (<Type>-<Size>)

Iso Anno    : VBA-350-001 (<Type>-<Size>-<Number>)  (Default setting is Isoconfig.xml file)

Our Project Requirement is :

Tag Format : VBA-350-001 ( <Type>-<Size>-<Number>)

Orth Anno  : VBA-350        (<Type>-<Size>)

Iso Anno    : VBA-350        (<Type>-<Size>)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost