AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stub-end iso representation

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
ybogdanov
1455 Views, 2 Replies

Stub-end iso representation

Hello,

I was created the lap flange with stubend, and in 3D this object are connecting well but in ISO generation the result is as in the follow image. It seems that the stubend are insert in the same direction. How is posible to configure the direction of stubend? And in the midle of this connection appear two non-exist in 3D welds... It's strange because if I do the same connection with the same spec in the default project the result is: without non-existent welds and the stub-ends adapted well. 

I probe to copy the files:

- IsoSkeyAcadMap.xml

- IsoSymbolStyles.dwg

-DefaultConnectorsConfig.xml

from default project to my actual project and the issue don't resolve... 

3d.png

iso.png

-----------------------------------------------------------
Yury Bogdanov
ASIDEK(Grupo CT) - Partner Directo de Autodesk
Barcelona (Spain)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ybogdanov
in reply to: ybogdanov

Finally I find the solution, and I request to development team of plant solve this issue.

The problem is in the connection settings, if we enter to the Lap connection in the column of fasteners there are:

"Butweld, Stub End" (in the project where the connection is don't work) and in the default project (where the connection is worked) the same connection has: " Stub End, Butweld". Is it the same? No! Because the order is important! First Stub End and the second Butweld. But the question is how I can change the order? 

The solution is enter to the DefaultConnection.xml (in the project folder), find the connection and change the order of fasteners...

If the order of fasteners is so important, please introduce this settings in the options of connections configure. Now is only posible mark or unmark the fasteners and not to change their order.

nuevo.png

existente.png

-----------------------------------------------------------
Yury Bogdanov
ASIDEK(Grupo CT) - Partner Directo de Autodesk
Barcelona (Spain)
Message 3 of 3
tarrynd
in reply to: ybogdanov

Hi There

Thank you so much for posting this. This has made the world of difference in the project I am currently busy with.

Tarryn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost