AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

strange result when using 'move part' grip

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1238 Views, 4 Replies

strange result when using 'move part' grip

Hi,

When I use the move part grip to move a pipe segment, all the attached connections to the pipe move twice the distance. refer attached pdf.

This only happens on my machine, the other guys in the office can open the same file and edit the pipe routes using the grips.

Ive tried toggeling the ortho mode on and off and have turned the 'end' osnap off with no effect.

I can stretch the pipe with no problems, it only happens when i use the grips (any grips...including the one at the midpoint of the pipe and the ones on the elbows)

Cheers

Richard

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

ok ive narrowed it down a little....

Re loaded on a new machine...all working fine...when I used a spacepilot (using latest driver) plant crashed...on restart get error to pnp3dpipeui.dll as per attachement

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

I have the same problem and it's happening in two computers. Moving with grips and changing elevation of pipes dissconects all the piping and have to redo it again. This is extremely time consuming

Message 4 of 5
Jorgen1990

Hello

I am facing a similiar issue. When I grip move pipes, everything goes crazy: all the pipe run components seem to jump apart from each other and they do not move smoothly but instead "jump around" the screen. When I finish moving, everything is back to normal, everything is connected and so on. So it seems like a graphics issue.

But what makes it a serious problem for me is that when I want to grip move a pipe to a specific location (using point filters) and I want to snap to a object during grip move command, the cursor does not snap to the point where the snap point (for example vertex or edge) is on the screen - the real objects seem to be moved away from the place where the monitor shows them. So I must search for the snap points like a blind man. Veeeery time consuming.

See screenshot also.

Any ideas?

Jörgen

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Yes, I'm experiencing problems manipulating custom parts that I created in the catalog editor. I created these custom parts based on autocad blocks, so had to "plantpartconvert" to add ports. Example, I created an RO Vessel. Problem is once I insert it into plant 3d model, I can only manipulate based on port grips, i.e. Plant 3D won't let me osnap to anything but the ports. This doesn't give me the flexibility I need to move the part into position. The custom RO Vessel I created has saddles on it and I would like to grip the saddle for the move but cannot. I could place a port on the saddle just to use as a grip point (not connect anything to it obviously), but then I'm sure I'd get a drip from that port.

Why must we lose all our autocad gripping capability when we create a custom part for our specs???

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost