AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Server Access

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
718 Views, 5 Replies

SQL Server Access

I successfully converted from SQL Lite to SQL Server 2008.  I made several users (Windows Authenticated) for the users and they were able to access the project on that day.  Problem is, out of the 4 users i've created, only 2 of them are working and the other 2 won't even start Plant 3D.  It just shows the splash screen and stays there.

Now I know it has something to do with SQL Server because when I delete the user account, it loads up without a project.  When I try to load the project again, it would say "Unable to Open Project".  I then create that user account again and when I load the project, it hangs.

I'm new at SQL Server and I'm not sure what to do next.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
JarrodMudford
in reply to: Anonymous

Do the users that are having problems have administration access to the SQL instance.
If you are new to SQL I can only recommend getting someone along that does know to help you. There is a chance of destroying your project if you don't know much about it.
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Jarrod Mudford
Plant Solutions Consultant
Global Services
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 6
dave.wolfe
in reply to: JarrodMudford

Clear the local data cache on each of the user's computers. The progam caches some settings for connecting to projects, so the old settings are probably stored and not expecting sql server.

http://www.pdoteam.com/2012/03/plant-3d-startup-hanging/

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Thank you very much for your responses.

Purging of the local data cache did the trick!

I have also acquired the services of an SQL Server consultant to properly setup my database.

Cheers!

Message 5 of 6
tgwestbrook

Excellent Mr.Wolfe.

We ran into this problem when installing 2014.  Problem solved.  'Clear the Local Cache' is to PLANT3D as 'restart the computer' is to general troubleshooting.

Message 6 of 6
dave.wolfe
in reply to: tgwestbrook

That's a great analogy! I'm going to steal that.

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost