AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Express with no Domain

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
dennis
288 Views, 2 Replies

SQL Express with no Domain

My client has SQL Express setup and working according to expectations....except for the logins.  It appears that there are two logins, one for login to the SQL Server and then a second time login to the specific project database.  They have it working where the users do not have to login to the Server, but they still get prompted for the specific database.  Windows Authentification is not possible (so I understand) if there is no Domain defined, which is the client's situation.  Can someone confirm that the Domain must be present, or if we are missing a step.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dave.wolfe
in reply to: dennis

Check the dcf files.  They should contain the initial catalog that points to the correct database for the project. For example, I have a project call Project1SQL and Iso.dcf reads as below. Notice the last parameter is the Initial Catalog which instructs SQL Server which database to open.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<DatabaseLink xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
<Parameter>
<Name>DatabaseEngine</Name>
<Value xsi:type="xsd:string">Autodesk.ProcessPower.DataObjects.DbEngine.PnPMsSQLDbEngine</Value>
</Parameter>
<Parameter>
<Name>Data Source</Name>
<Value xsi:type="xsd:string">WIN-BIDG5O4707B\SQLEXPRESS</Value>
</Parameter>
<Parameter>
<Name>Integrated Security</Name>
<Value xsi:type="xsd:boolean">false</Value>
</Parameter>
<Parameter>
<Name>Initial Catalog</Name>
<Value xsi:type="xsd:string">Project1SQLIso</Value>
</Parameter>
</DatabaseLink>

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 3 of 3
dennis
in reply to: dave.wolfe

Thanks for the feedback Dave.  I checked the DCF files and the database is defined under the Initial Catalog as you pointed out.  However, the users are getting the login request for each specific database when they switch to another project.  The only thing I can figure that is causing this is the lack of a Domain which the Windows Authentificaltion seems to require.  I was in hopes that there may be a back door or a file that could be edited so that the users within a non-Domain workshare could access databases.  If it just can't be done and requires a Domain, I can let the client know that.  Like I said, was checking for a back door.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost