AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Exchange

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
R.Hoesel
373 Views, 3 Replies

SQL Exchange

Hello everybody!

I have a question about exchange possibilities for AcadPlant 3D 2013-Project.  We are supposed to get an existing project, which is set up on SQL Server express. I actually found the way to move SQL-Server from A to B. After having moved the SQL Server Database to our office, my aim would be, to exchange the changes made in the project beetween the both places. Does anyone have some expirience?

Thnx. a lot.

acadbert

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dave.wolfe
in reply to: R.Hoesel

You can export the data to a text file and then import it at the other location. You have more options if both servers are in the same Windows domain, though.

Here's one method to get it to a text file.

http://www.pdoteam.com/2012/02/creating-backups-for-sql-express/

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 3 of 4
R.Hoesel
in reply to: dave.wolfe

Thanks a lot for your fast answer.

If I do so, wouldn´t it mean that I overwrite the database on one of the both places?

The aim is, that on Place A someone is working on Piping-Routing. At Place B someone changes Equipments. Afterwards I would like to transfer changes made in Place A to Place B and changes made at Place B to Place A.

Message 4 of 4
dave.wolfe
in reply to: R.Hoesel

Oh ok.  I was assuming that you were transferring the data to a clients site or something like that.  You'll need to set up replication on SQL Server, that will modify the changes to be in sync. Due to the vastness of the subject, this forum isn't the best place for an answer on that. 

This should get you going in the right direction:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa337389(v=sql.105).aspx

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost