AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spool number in the title block,

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Vitornis
1094 Views, 9 Replies

Spool number in the title block,

How can i make PLant3d fill in my spool number into the title block on my iso drawings. I currently dont see an to map that property to my attributes?
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
jabowabo
in reply to: Vitornis

The only Plant 3D properties that can be inserted into title block attributes are P3d Line Group properties.  If you add 'Spool' as a property here you can use it but you probably will not have one spool number per line group - or will you?

Message 3 of 10
Vitornis
in reply to: jabowabo

Nope.
I'll have more than one spool per line. Well that's irritating seems weird
that Autodesk wouldn't think the information a user inputs into their
design would be important enough to export out on reports. Makes it error
prone to keep track of spools manually.
Message 4 of 10
rumarji

Any solutions to this? We are splitting lines to spools, but isometrics are generated by line number. Fabrication shops need to use spool drawings (One drawing per spool).

Message 5 of 10
Michiel.Valcke

This thread has been abandoned quite a while ago, So I'm not sure the original posters will still react. But you can make an isometric style for spools, set the .dwg name as the spool number. Refer to the dwg name in the title block.

Message 6 of 10
rumarji
in reply to: Michiel.Valcke

Thank you @Michiel.Valcke ,

- I can only pick  "P3d Line Group" properties for file name, "Spool Number" is not one of those.

- Further, I assume we will run into similar issues while trying to show spool weights on each title block, right now, I can only map weight for the complete line.

- We are planning on working around this issue by assigning individual line numbers to each spool, is there a way to link spool number property to line number property, that way we are not manually entering the same information twice.

Thankyou again. 

Message 7 of 10
Michiel.Valcke
in reply to: rumarji

You can set the filenaming of your iso-style to Spool Number in the Project Setup under Isometric DWG Settings -> Iso Style Setup. You will need to use a Spool type Iso Style.

MichielValcke_0-1671719165871.png

Message 8 of 10
rumarji
in reply to: Michiel.Valcke

Yes, did that. It does create .dwg files with spool numbers as file names, However When we try and map DWGNAME or FILENAME property into title block, it ends up with line number and sheet number.

See attached pictures.

Thank you again for working with me on this.

Message 9 of 10
Michiel.Valcke
in reply to: rumarji

Have you tried using a field in the titleblock instead of mapping the attribute. I highly doubt a field will give you any trouble.

I would expect the thing you did to work, it could be a bug in P3D. Which version do you use?

Message 10 of 10
brotherkennyh

Hi,

I know I'm a little late to the party here, but just wanted to share my solution. I had been looking for a way to do this because I also thought it strange that there is no out of the box way to add this to the title block.

I also could not use the filename because we add additional information into that.

It is possible for spool drawings to include a spool list. If you remove the heading and cell borders then it essentially just looks like a label. I tried this on our drawings and it seems to be working ok, despite being a bit of a fudge.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost