AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specs and Catalogs Videos

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
RSFAdsk
2641 Views, 7 Replies

Specs and Catalogs Videos

Hello Everyone, I want to mention that we have a tutorial style video that shows you how to create a piping spec using the Spec Editor.  We also have three videos that show you how use the Catalog Editor (included with the Spec Editor) to create your own piping components.

These four Specs and Catalogs videos are available from the Videos and Quick Reference page in the online help, some with captions.  These videos (and many more) are also available in AutoCAD Plant Exchange.

Specs and Catalogs 1 - Create a piping spec.  In the video, we show how create a small but complete spec.  You create a spec that includes multiple schedules, add SW and BV fittings, set component sizes, and populate the branch table.  The video can be used with AutoCAD Plant 3D 2010 and 2011.

Specs and Catalogs 2 - Modify and create components (CC).  In the video, you change component properties using the Catalog Editor.  You also create a new parametric component, choosing from a library of parametric models included with AutoCAD Plant 3D, and set dimensions for each size.  The video can be used with AutoCAD Plant 3D 2011.

Specs and Catalogs 3 - Create block based components (CC).  In the video, you convert AutoCAD blocks to AutoCAD Plant 3D components.  You add port information to blocks, and then use your block to create an off-spec component directly in the model.  You then use the Catalog Editor to create new block-based components.  The video can be used with AutoCAD Plant 3D 2011.

Specs and Catalogs 4 - Create valves with actuators (CC).  You Create a valve-body and two actuators.  You then assign the default actuator to a valve in the catalog, and edit operator assignments in the spec.  The video can be used with AutoCAD Plant 3D 2011.

The videos follow some of the procedures outlined by the Plant 3D Piping Specs and Catalogs Workflows.

I hope that these videos help you successfully create piping specs and piping components.  Please let me know if you have questions or comments.

Richard Frank
Autodesk Knowledge Network
Autodesk, Inc.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
mabcede
in reply to: RSFAdsk

Im working on a pharmaceutical consultant company

In Pharmaceutical we are using ASME BPE (Bio Processing Equipment) STANDARD may I know how to insert or to create a Autocad Plant 3D Specs?

Youre quick response will much appreciated.

Cheers,

Michael

Message 3 of 8
FrankSH
in reply to: mabcede

I guess from the videos, you will know how to create.

You can create new specs from catalog. Here is your ASME BPE (Bio Processing Equipment)  Catalog. Then you choose the parts which contains in the spec, add those parts into spec, then you can use the spec.

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 8
John.Cappiello
in reply to: FrankSH

Frank,

Do you have an ASME BPE Catalog built? 

John Cappiello
Foster Wheeler USA, Inc.
john.cappiello@fwc.com
Message 5 of 8
FrankSH
in reply to: John.Cappiello

Hi John,

Sorry that I don't have ASME BPE Catalog

What I told you before is the process of how to create spec using catalog

Thanks,

FrankSH

Message 6 of 8
Ruffy85
in reply to: FrankSH

Hi Guys,

The Videos are not bad, but i always don´t know

- how to copy a componet from a existing catalog to my new catalog

- how i create my own component with parametrics dimensioning in my block, that i must only create one part with parametrics dimensioning and P3D scales the component in the right nominal size with my specifications in the catalog editor

- where are saved the models for the standard piping specifactions?

greetz

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).
Message 7 of 8
MJStander
in reply to: RSFAdsk

Hi

I have a question requarding adding actuators to valves. Do you know how to get additional acctuators to show up in the operators list within the valves operator assignments window. 

When I select the valve I am workin on I only get the option of add variouse size hand leavers and Diaphragm actuators. I have added two new actuators to the catalog and would like to be able to select these or any other actuator in the catalog I am working in.

I am working in the ASME catalog, the valves I created are all duplicates of the "Butterfly Valve, 150 LB, WFR, RF, ASME B16.10" valve from the ASME valve catalog if that affects things. 

Message 8 of 8
RSFAdsk
in reply to: MJStander

Hi

Doing this in the catalog only using the Catalog Editor, you Create New Component to create an actuator. After saving the actuator to the catalog, you can then select a valve and Edit Operator Assignements. Your new actuator should display and you can select if for a given valve size.

IN the model, the Valve Operators listed in the the properties palette are fixed to Cone, Cylinder, and Hand Wheel, but you can override and specify any operator shape.  With AP3D 2013 we made it easier to assign actuators directly in the model using the properties palette (without using the catalog editor).

Richard Frank
Autodesk Knowledge Network
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost