AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SpecEditor-Valves & Actuators

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
GSC_HAYA
4288 Views, 6 Replies

SpecEditor-Valves & Actuators

Hello

The form where I can add actuators to valves does not work. Once opened the form I can select only one valve and then no other valve furthermore. (Attachment)

And when I have added an actuator to the valve I selected I can not use the OK-Button, only CANCEL.

What is wrong?

Thanks

G

Plant3D 2022 German
WIN10 Pro
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
dave.wolfe
in reply to: GSC_HAYA

Setup the actuators in the catalog (not spec) by modifying the valves operator assignments.

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 3 of 7
MJStander
in reply to: GSC_HAYA

Hi

Do you know how to get new acctuators to show up in the operators list within the valves operator assignments window. 

When I select the valve I am workin on I only get the option of addeng variouse size hand leavers and Diaphragm actuators. I have added two new actuators to the catalog and would like to be able to select these. 

My valves are all duplicates of the "Butterfly Valve, 150 LB, WFR, RF, ASME B16.10" valve from the ASME valve catalog if that affects anything. 

Message 4 of 7
MOLGRAND
in reply to: dave.wolfe

Hi,

is there a knack to creating the custom actuators in the catalogue builder? I have tried a few now creating & adding them to a catalouge - when you bring the valve into the model with the assigned actuators the dimensions are not representitive of those added in the catalogue & a lot of time is wasted!! Can you part some wisdom please - I have tried imperial & metric.

Thanks

Gary

Message 5 of 7
MOLGRAND
in reply to: MOLGRAND

Hi,

I have done a bit more investigation on my problem as I didn't get any help from - Autodesk no surprise there!  The item I created within the catalogue builder (imperial settings) & added to the valve is correct!!!

It appears when you insert the parametric valve c/w actuator (in my case a gear box) some dimensions are overridden by the program defaults - why!!! What I had to do was input the correct dimensions again within the model for what I wanted - see screen shot & all then looked ok. This little problem has wasted hours once again!

Regards

Gary

Message 6 of 7
cadguy7979
in reply to: MOLGRAND

I can confirm this is still an issue in Plant2017.  Everyone should know this so they don't waste their time troubleshooting.  As Molgrand explains, the height and width settings that are viewable in the Properties palette control the only two dimensions that can be controlled on box-shaped actuators (so only a cube is possible).  All the parametric dimensions that are set up within the catalog are ignored.

There is an official troubleshooting page devoted to this issue, but its solution (to make the box actuator be a custom component) does not work.  My box actuator that I troubleshooted was a custom component from very the beginning, yet parametric dims are always ignored.  The catalog editor won't let you change the Height and Width to nothing (so that Plant is forced to use only Parametric values); you must enter a numerical value, and if you enter 0, once inserted into the spec, the spec will just substitute some other value (from a recent actuator that was assigned to the same size).

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-plant-3d/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticl...

Message 7 of 7
MOLGRAND
in reply to: cadguy7979

Hi,

Further to this problem - I found a workaround solution which may be of some help!

As we know the the parametric dims dont work properly!

The work around i have come a cross is to create a duplicate size - change the dimensions you require - then save it to the catalog. Once its saved you can change the dimensions in the text - but they will not change the dimensions iwhen you take it into the model anymore! Add the actuator to the valve in the cat, then add it to the spec, then copy spec to the project, then bring the valve it into your drg! If the dimensions are not correct - explode the block to enable you check the dims - take note of the changes needed.

Then go back to the catalog create a duplicate size of the previous one - change the dimensions you require - then save it to the catalog. Then add the actuator to the valve in the cat, then add it to the spec, then copy spec to the project, then bring the valve it into your drg - he presto its now looking better, this may take a couple of attempts but does get you there!

Regards

Gary Randall

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost