AutoCAD Plant 3D General DIscussion

AutoCAD Plant 3D General DIscussion

Active Contributor
Layout-Bob
Message 11 of 13 (78 Views)

Re: Spec update does not update

08-29-2011 03:29 AM in reply to: raj.inugala

Hi

Thank you for your answer. I'm quite busy these days, which explains my late answer.

What you wrote makes perfect sense and I will adjust my workflow to follow you guidelines. However i get the exactly same problem. No existing specs is updated even though im sure i what is already drawn in the model is drawn with the same spec before catalog update.

Frustrating...

Valued Contributor
Grampster
Message 12 of 13 (57 Views)

07-07-2012 04:24 PM in reply to: Layout-Bob

Had the same problem, but I believe I know what's happening. When you update the spec, it's updating to the CPak sub-folder but NOT to the Spec Sheets sub-folder in your project. Turn off Plant 3D. Create another sub-folder below Spec Sheets and call it SpecBak, then COPY the two associated files of one of your problem specs into that new sub-folder (this is just a precaution). If you look at the CPak sub-folder, you'll probably find the date is newer. Copy the CPak two associated files into Spec Sheets overwriting the existing ones. Now run Plant 3D. It worked for me. If that works for you now, you can do the same with all the problem specs that won't update. That shouldn't take long.

Good luck,

The Grampster

Sunetic Services
Owner/Consultant
RohanKemp84
Message 13 of 13 (50 Views)

07-08-2012 07:54 PM in reply to: Layout-Bob

This is a sort of on topic issue, but I just updated computers and whenever I update specs I do not get the window which I previously did.  It's the window which lists all the items which are different from the current specs. It has tick boxes and you can select (through this window) the items which are different.

Does anyone know how to get this back, I have been through the commands list looking for it, but I can't find a thing.

Cheers.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Plant 3D Category!

The AutoCAD Plant 3D forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.