AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spec change

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
moondogggg
438 Views, 2 Replies

Spec change

Hallo everybody,

I have a question about the SPEC CHANGE.

I have a pipeline in my model which is modelled with the spec A. The spec for this line has been changed to spec B and I need to replace the old spec with the new spec.
I’ve tried to use “Spec Update Check” to make the change but it doesn’t work.
Is there another way to do this?
The old and the new spec are identical (both spec are 150# CS) only component descriptions have been changed)

Kind regards,
Alex
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
EileenForan
in reply to: moondogggg

Hi, moondogggg:

I have asked one of our developers to help with your request. Here is his response. Let me know if this answers your question or if you need more help.

If it is about changing the line's spec from A to B, then use Context Menu/Append to selection/Line number, then fire up property palette and change the Spec property to Spec B.

Thanks,

Eileen Foran
Autodesk

Eileen Foran
Community Program Manager
Autodesk Plant Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3
ausdag
in reply to: moondogggg

Hi Alex

Yes, we can do that. The Spec Update function can be used if you have done any changes in Spec A, after you have routed your pipe with Spec A. In this case, it will update the existing component from Spec A, with new value from your updated Spec A.

If you want to change from Spec A to Spec B on a existing pipe, you need to do follow.
• Right click on your pipe and select “Append to Selection” by “connected Part” or “Line Number”
• Select then properties and change your spec in the properties box.

It will change your spec, but if you have any fit to fit, you need to adjust this after spec name change.

Regards,
Dag Austrheim
Autodesk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost