AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Stability

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
CeconCraig
239 Views, 1 Reply

Software Stability

I'm about half way through a 30 day trail of Plant 3d. So far I like it but I seem to be having software stability issues. What I mean by that is when I first installed the software everything looked good about a week later I completely lost my Plant ribbons, and was not able to reload them. Now today I can't specifiy the elevation of pipe by BOP, TOP, or COP. Has anyone else had similar issues? I don't have the luxury of the day it would take to do a fresh install.

Thanks,

Craig

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
mjohnson
in reply to: CeconCraig

So I can tell you it isnt software stability issues.  As far as your elevation issue, you simply need to turn dynamic input back on, it may have unknowingly been turned off.  Its on the status bar down by your ortho, polar and snap options.  Or you can push F12.  And as far as your ribbon disappearing, is it the ribbon on the top of the screen, or was it your tool pallets?

There is also an option to save your workspace settings so you dont have to turn everything back off or on every time you load Plant 3d.  Again on the status bar, far right side, click on the cog icon.  Select workspace setting, and in the menu that pops up, switch it to Automatically Save workspace settings.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost