AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slope Entire Pipeline Between Two Valve Elevations

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
M!chelle
820 Views, 4 Replies

Slope Entire Pipeline Between Two Valve Elevations

I have a valve at an elevation of 5 feet on the side of a building and the end connection valve at 3 feet on the side of a tank.  My pipe line runs east (90 degrees) out of a building, then jogs straight south (180 degrees), cuts at an angle to run southeast (135 degrees), then returns back south (180 degrees) and runs further until it back angles into the tank valve.   I can draw all of this just fine on one elevation.

However, I want to apply a slope over the entire pipeline so it all slopes together to my different valve elevations.  I can select and shortcut menu the pipe slope command but I can't get it to take all of the pipeline, it just applies to that single pipe and disconnects the elbows.  If I pick the two valves while routing pipe, Autocad wants to configure all the elevation into the elbows and corners, but the entire line needs to gradually slope together for drain purposes. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dave.wolfe
in reply to: M!chelle

After you select the pipe and choose edit pipe slope, define the start point and end point at the beginning and end of your pipe run.  I think the button to the left will let you pick the beginning of the run and the button to the right, the end.

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 3 of 5
M!chelle
in reply to: dave.wolfe

If I draw everything on one elevation how I want it then try to apply the slope by picking the two valves, I get an error message that says "Slope path will be restored due to selection of invalid objects such as verticle pipe segment, unconnected pipe segment or other unsupported object."

Or if I insert my valves on their correct elevations route the pipe, using the autocad suggestion with 90 degree cuts an then try to apply the slope it says "Cannot slope a verticle pipe component".

Message 4 of 5
dave.wolfe
in reply to: M!chelle

Can you post a screenshot of the route you are trying to slope?

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 5 of 5
M!chelle
in reply to: dave.wolfe

I have a tank, partially set into a building (which at the moment...these are just solid default shapes I put into the model as I'm trying to figure out how to insert actual equipment!).  You can see on the bottom left how the pipeline cuts down in elevation to join my end valve.  I need to remove that and apply a gradual slope over everything between the valves.

New Picture.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost