AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple linelist with report creator help

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
snijdam
994 Views, 5 Replies

Simple linelist with report creator help

The standard linelist does not work because we do not use P&ID.

I edit the standard linelist and set the query to pipe run components.

In the edit report I changed the first datafield to Linenumbertag.

The report looks good, I shows all the linenumbers used. But for every part a linenumber is placed, it became a huge list. How can I "group" these items together? To show each linenumber on a seperate row without duplicates?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Dan.Scales
in reply to: snijdam

Hi,

Try setting the query to P3DLineGroup and the first datafield to [P3dLineGroup_Tag].

Thanks,

Dan

Dan Scales
Message 3 of 6
dinant
in reply to: Dan.Scales

@Dan.Scales I had a report that worked fine, used the [PipeRunComponent_LineNumberTag]

I wanted to re-use this report at an other location. know it doesn't work anymore.

I get al lot of numbers double or more in my list. Changing it to [P3dLineGroup_Tag] results in emplty fields.

I have more issues with this report, the lockedline status is also not showing...

Tried to build the report from complete blanc but that is also not helping.

Regards,

Dinant Weenk

Message 4 of 6
patpat79
in reply to: dinant

Hi, good day. I would like to help but i dont know where to start on checking where the root of your problem is. Can you please attach snapshot of your report setup and also the properties on the model so we can validate your problem further? Much better if you can send sample dwg and the report template, thanks.

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Message 5 of 6
dinant
in reply to: patpat79

Here some screenshots

Message 6 of 6
jabowabo
in reply to: dinant

You should only be reporting the properties for the linegroup - 'Drawing Area' and the 'PipeRunComponent' properties will cause you problems as they do not directly correspond to what you are trying to report. To get the grouping right, you need to remove some of your sort fields:

1.PNG

Probably also a good idea to add more classes than just pipe:

2.PNG

The 'Locked' property is a boolean and may be a little tricky. I had some success using a field:

3.PNG

The field expression is as follows:

Iif([P3dLineGroup_Locked] == True,  'true', 'false' )

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost