AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shop/Field Default Value

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
jabowabo
1730 Views, 8 Replies

Shop/Field Default Value

What determines the "Shop/Field" property default value of an item?  I have catalog items that I would like to always be designated as "Field" in the Iso BOM.  The spec creator allows me to enter the value but this does not seem to work correctly with items added to a drawing. Changing the value after placing the items is a drag 😞

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
dave.wolfe
in reply to: jabowabo

Setting it in the spec should set the values for any new items modeled. You would have to do a spec update to change existing parts in a model.
Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 3 of 9
jabowabo

Changing the value in the spec editor in 2014 does seem to do the trick after all.  Seems I had some issues getting it to work in 2013.  It would still be nice to set the default value in the catalog.  Thanks Dave!

Message 4 of 9
dave.wolfe

It should work in 2013 as well, I know I have set it there.

You can add your own properties to catalogs, specs and projects. As long as the property name matches in all three spots, the values will get populated from the catalog.  Since it's already in the spec and project, you just have to set up the value in the catalog.

10-24-2013 8-09-07 AM.png

10-24-2013 8-24-46 AM.png

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 5 of 9
jabowabo

Thanks Dave, I will give that a try.
Message 6 of 9
craig.caillet

If Shop/Field is blank in the spec, what determines the components value when inserted into a model and it's location on the Iso BOM?

Message 7 of 9

Great question, did you ever figure this out?

Will the P3D Class default value still apply?  Or will it be blank since in was blank in the catalog?

Thanks,

Erin

Message 8 of 9

How do you get the default to say.  I set this up and it shows in my catalog now.  I entered FIELD in the catalog for a valve, updated the spec but the field was blank in the spec.  How does it populate text from the Shop/Field property from the catalog to the spec?

Message 9 of 9
ccaillet
in reply to: dave.simmons.ext

I'm having the same issue. Shop/Field is filled out in the Catalog, but when I add the component to the spec, the field is blank. The Field size is 20.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost