AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting a gap when using the Fastener – Clamp

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
PatrickByrne
440 Views, 2 Replies

Setting a gap when using the Fastener – Clamp

When I set up a Fastener – Clamp there is no place to set up the gap that will be between the two pipes when they are clamped together. Can this gap be set elsewhere?

For example when you use the content pack for Victaulic fittings it automatically adds the coupling but this coupling does not leave a gap between the fitting and the pipe.

I was also looking at setting up a custom geometry but the option to set it up as a Fastener is not there.

Any help appreciated

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

You can adjust the engagement length.

About the clamp geometry: you can not import custom geometry for the fasteners into the catalog.

But there is a trick: in the model you can replace the default 3D block with a new one with the bedit command.

I know that this is just a workaround but at least you will have the precise 3D model for the victaulic fitting.

Regards,
Attila Vallyon
Message 3 of 3
PatrickByrne
in reply to: PatrickByrne

Regarding replacing the block, that was excellent. Once you replace the block in a drawing any future piping in that drawing automatically gets the new block.

I tried the engagement length without any luck. I will try again in 2013.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost