AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Segment Breaker - P&ID

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
btrevena
1993 Views, 4 Replies

Segment Breaker - P&ID

The default P&ID Segment Breaker (in PIP) has Spec identifier annotations either side of the break.

However, when the break is applied to a P&ID process line it does not change the line spec on the downstream side of the break to "?".

It does however reset Service and Size fields for the downstream side of the break to "?" on the Line Tag annotation. 

Can a control be added to the Segment Break symbol that enables the setting of the annotations presented and the associated data fields to be reset to "?".

BruceT

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
raj.inugala
in reply to: btrevena

Hello btevena,

I am trying to reproduce what you described in your post. Are you placing the Spec Break from the tool-palette directly onto the SLINE? Or are you using the SLINE's context menu to add a break?

Raj.

Message 3 of 5
ttarvinZGY27
in reply to: raj.inugala

Raj,

I need help too.  I pasted a spec break on the sline.  I don't get any option to modify either side of the break.  All I see in the properties is a comment cell that does nothing.  how do I tell the spec break what specs are on either side of it?

Message 4 of 5
phwatso
in reply to: ttarvinZGY27

This works the opposite way you create two lines assigned with different specs and then drop the spec break where the lines join and it then displays the two specs.
Message 5 of 5
raj.inugala
in reply to: ttarvinZGY27

You just change the spec on the line on either side of the spec-break (I personally used the "Assign Tag" option in the context-menu of the sline). The spec-break will automatically be updated to display the new spec information.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost