AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SECTIONPLANE vs PLANTORTHOCREATE

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
flemster911
340 Views, 2 Replies

SECTIONPLANE vs PLANTORTHOCREATE

I'm a piping designer and we've been trying to use SECTIONPLANE (volume) to create 2D plans and elevations of our 3D models. It works fine except none of the Plant 3D entities (piping, structure, plate, etc.) show up. All of the non-Plant 3D stuff shows up in 2D, but not the Plant 3D stuff. The piping is in one 3D model, the structural in another and they've both been added to the project. Any ideas anyone???

Currently, we use PLANTORTHOCREATE for generating 2D, but we have to set the layer states in all of the models before generating the ortho view. This means if we want structural to plot out 'light', we have to modify their 3D model, generate the view, then change it back. It would be nice if we could set the layer states in the Orthographic view model during the PLANTORTHOCREATE command - without having to change the models.

Is this something Autodesk is going to add to Plant 3D?

We appreciate any feedback...

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dave.wolfe
in reply to: flemster911

I suggest you create a different ctb file for printing.  You can specify how light or dark colors print out (0-255).  That way you don't have to change your models or layer states at all, you can just choose a different ctb.

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 3 of 3
flemster911
in reply to: dave.wolfe

Thanks for the reply...

Currently, I haven't been able to get SECTIONPLANE to 'show' the Plant 3D stuff (piping, structure members, etc.) in 2D.

And PLANTORTHOCREATE doesn't allow me to change and keep layer states.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost