AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sanitary tri-clamp fittings catalog

43 REPLIES 43
Message 1 of 44
Anonymous
16745 Views, 43 Replies

Sanitary tri-clamp fittings catalog

For me to consider purchasing Plant 3D, I must be able to use sanitary fittings (ie: Tri-Clamp od tube, 95% of fittings used in my designs). Since you will not have in initial release; how difficult would it be for me to create myself with 3D solids I currently posses? Secondly, when do you forsee sanitary fittings being added into a future release?
Thanks, Steve
43 REPLIES 43
Message 21 of 44
Anonymous
in reply to: Attila.Vallyon

There is a Triclamp catalog pack by Cadgroup available on the App Store. This pack includes template project with end codes, connection settings, clamps, Isometric symbols, etc.

Best Regards,
Bruce Trevena | Plant Solutions
Cadgroup Australia Pty Ltd

Sent from my iPhone
Message 22 of 44
Anonymous

Thanks a lot Attilla.. I will try it.. 🙂

Regards
Dharmaraj
Message 23 of 44
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello,

How do you create custom clamp?

In spec editor when I change graphics to custom dwg block, I can no longer chose clamp as component category.

How to work around this? Using 2015 version.

Clamp prob.PNG

Message 24 of 44
Anonymous

Fasteners cannot be created from Custom geometry.
I get around this in the following way:

* In your catalogue create a Coupling using your custom TC Clamp geometry and port definitions

* Also create a Clamp using the generic parametric geometry to represent a TC coupling (there is one already in the default pharma catalogue)

* Route your tube and place 2 x TC ferrules

* The generic parametric clamp will be placed together with a gasket

* Place your coupling with clamp geometry beside the clamp but not connected to the tube

* Explode your coupling to reveal 3D solids and copy the solids to the clipboard

* Explode the generic parametric clamp to a block and open using Block Editor

* Delete the geometry and replace with your coupling geometry from your clipboard

* Save and close Block Editor

* The clamp and any new clamps placed now have your geometry

* Copying this new block definition to your Plant 3D modelling template (dwt file) will ensure that the fastener will display using your geometry on new drawings

* Repeat for each size.
Cadgroup TC and other content includes Catalogue, Spec, Template projects with EndCodes, Connection Setting, isometric configuration.
ReadMe files:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ocppys83c8yiwdn/AAAo5aFTDe2GwVJMSdXqkSWCa?dl=0

Best Regards,
Bruce Trevena [cid:image013.png@01D12381.2ED269F0] | Plant Design

[cid:image014.png@01D12381.2ED269F0]

Cadgroup Australia Pty Ltd

Phone

1300 765 654 or 02 9552 3466

Email

btrevena@cadgroup.com.au

Website

www.cadgroup.com.au

Support

support@cadgroup.com.au

[cid:image015.jpg@01D12381.2ED269F0]

[cid:image016.jpg@01D12381.2ED269F0]

[cid:image017.png@01D12381.2ED269F0]

[cid:image018.png@01D12381.2ED269F0]

SYDNEY ● MELBOURNE ● ADELAIDE ● BRISBANE ● PERTH
DISCLAIMER:
The information contained in this email message and any attachment(s) is privileged and confidential and is intended only for the use of the recipient and others who have been specifically authorised to receive it. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, disclosure, use or copy of this communication, or the making and retention of a copy of this communication, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender by return email.
Cadgroup Australia Pty Ltd is not responsible for any loss or damage caused as a result of any viruses which may be contained within attachments to this email and recommend that all attachments be scanned for viruses prior to opening
Please consider the environment, before printing this email
Message 25 of 44
Anonymous

Hello Mr. btrevena,

this is rather geniousSmiley Very Happy

Thanks for clear instructions, however I got lost at the end. Which file did you mean by Plant 3D modelling template (dwt file) ? I am not exactly sure which one you meant. 

To be clear, clamps with true geometry don't even need to be part of cat/spec?

Message 26 of 44
Attila.Vallyon

Hi jer.luka!

It is simple, but you have to do a workaround.

You need to edit in the 3D model the default Plant 3D clamp block.

1. Make a collection 3D model where you store all 3D solids of your clamps.

Something like this:

1.JPG

Set the properties of these solids to:

color: by block; layer:0; that the rest are by layer

I used lines to ealisy grab the models in the zero point later.

2. Enter BEDIT command in your piping 3D model and look for something like

Plant3DCatalogitem_CCLAMP......

and simply just copy-paste your tri-clamp solid into the block zero point and delete the default block.

You can use that line to esaily locate the zeropoint of your tri-clamp solid.

Than close the block editor, save.

If you have multiple sizes you have to repeat the procedure for all sizes.

Also this works only in that 3D piping model.

But that is it!

Regards,
Attila Vallyon
Message 27 of 44
Anonymous

Good day I´d like to know if you can help me, I download the Pharma Content Pack V2 but the tool library does not appear at the tool palettes nor even in the spec sheet so how can I configured it  ?

Thanks 

Message 28 of 44
Anonymous

Good day I´d like to know if you can help me, I download the Pharma Content Pack V2 but the tool library does not appear at the tool palettes nor even in the spec sheet so how can I configured it  ?

Thanks 

Message 29 of 44
Anonymous

Copy the content to your Shared Content CPak Common folder.
Open the pcat file in the Spec and Catalog Editor to confirm support folder with image files is referenced.
Save the catalog. Open any specs that may be supplied with the content and browse to your saved catalog.
Use the "Find in Catalog" function to confirm connectivity between spec and catalog.
Copy your spec pspx and pspc files to your project.
Message 30 of 44
Anonymous

I download >>Component package Pharma  but when I want to added at the catalogue in Spec Editor the files that I have are  .PCAT

and the ones that recognize are  .pspx  what can I do ? or how do I change them 

Message 31 of 44
Anonymous

Pcat is your catalogue. Set your Spec and Catalog Editor (tab upper right) to "Catalog Editor". Use Open Catalog to open pcat.
Pspx and Pspc files are your spec. Set your Spec and Catalog Editor (tab upper right) to "Spec Editor" to open pspx files.
Email me on btrevena@cadgroup.com.au if you require more information.
Message 32 of 44
Anonymous

I still have doubts, I send you screenshot of how does the spec editor appears to me, I consider that probably there is someting wrong with the Autocad plant 3d content that I download.

Thanks for the attention.13575694_943980072379892_693376534_o.png

Message 33 of 44
Anonymous

I have the package IPS Pipes & Fittings  Cataloge - Imperial Metric and at the video they show the use of a TRICLAMP, I have that clamp at my spec editor but it does not appear at the tool palate so I can not draw it1.jpg

Message 34 of 44
milan_blom

A clamp is a fastener, so it wouldn't appear on the pallete as gaskets and bolt wouldn't.

Make sure the clamp is defined in the catalog using the 3D block and added to the spec and it should appear when you make a clamped connection.

Message 35 of 44
josegs

Hello,
I would need that catalog to do a job soon, can you send it to me?

Best regads, Jose

Message 36 of 44
Anonymous
in reply to: josegs

Hi Josegs,

Look for the Triclamp Tube Fitting catalogue in the Autodesk appstore

Message 37 of 44
christophernYBCJ9
in reply to: ted

Did you ever get this to work? If so could you help me out?

Message 38 of 44

i am interested in how to do that for alfa laval b fittings

Message 39 of 44
bstrevena
in reply to: shaun.m.huffman

Hi Shaun,

In the DIN11864 content I have added the "TriClamp" like 3025 Single Pin clamp 3D Block geometries to the Coupling section.

When you place  2 x DIN11864-3 ferrules face to face in your piping model the clamp that is placed is 3019 bolted clamp that uses the default clamp parametric body. (It is still not possible to add 3D block geometries for clamps to the catalogues.)

To achieve having 3D Pinned Clamp geometries appear when ferrules are added to your model you need to replace the default clamp objects with geometries from the pinned clamps. This only needs to be done once as follows:

- Open your <3D Modelling>.dwt template drawing.

- For each tube size add ferrules face to face so the the 3019 default clamps appear.

- Adjacent to each 3019 clamp place the equivalently sized 3025 pinned clamp. They have been added to the catalogue as coupling components and can be placed from the palette.

- Explode all the clamps to block components.

- For each size do the following:

1- Block Edit the 3025 pinned clamp, Select All, Copy to Clipboard with Base Point 0,0,0

2- Block Edit the 3019 bolted clamp, Delete All, Paste the Clipboard to 0,0,0

3- Save the block

4- Repeat for each size

- Save the dwt file.

- New models created from this dwt file will have your custom pinned clamp block geometries present when ferrules are connected.

regards,

Bruce

B i T
Message 40 of 44

Dear Mr. Vallyon

Can you create a video explaining this process on youtube for example? .. It would be a great help for me who failed to understand these settings .... Thank you !!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost