AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotate sockolet

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
2481 Views, 5 Replies

Rotate sockolet

Testing AP3D and placed a sockolet. Keeps being placed at the end of the pipe and has to be moved. The big problem is rotating the thing. Right now, it's on the side of the pipe, but I want it on top. Picking the Rotate symbol displays the compass, but it's in the direction of the pipe run and CTRL/right-click doesn't change the compass. Enter an angle and the sockolet stays where it's at. Even tried ACAD Rotate command. Nothing seems to work. Any workable ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

After lots of trial & errors, I figured it out myself. Too bad nothing is available in Help or the tutorials. It's easy IF you know how to do it. Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 6
darrelldixon

What was the solution to this? One of my users is having the same problem.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: darrelldixon

Looking at Grampster's pics, i am guessing that the problem was that the Olet was not connected to the main (you can see the two drops in the wireframe pic).

That would explain why, when using the rotate grip, it rotates in the direction of the branch and not the main. A possible explanation of the Olet being place at the end of the pipe is that OSNAPs were on (snapping to Endpoint) and Grampster was manually placing the Olet.

I would suggest; if manually placeing an Olet, be sure that the main is selected before you place it. You will know when the main is selected when it becomes dashed as you move over it. here is an example: (wireframe, osnaps on [Olet will be place at the midpoint of this run, then enter rotation])

Olet.png

Once it is placed, you should see the plant centerlins (red), be able to rotate it around the main using Olet's rotation grip and move along that pipe segment using the Olet's move grip.

Olet2.pngOlet3.pngOlet4.png

Message 5 of 6
patpat79

Nice explaination, rotate, align, 3dalign commands of autocad and the rotate part grip on the component works always in olets, the only scenario those commands will not work is if the olet is bugged(glitched) and the only way to resolve is to replace it again. Had encountered bugged olets in 2014 version when moving piping with olets, but not a big issue for reconnecting piping is just seconds to make.

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: patpat79

Thanks. I was using a client's subscription to test, develop techniques,
& develop training program, but when they crashed I lost their
subscription, too. I'm unable to continue my work. Too bad; training
program completed but never used.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost