AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset Profile Boots Plant3D as Autocad

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
cmcdonnell
1289 Views, 3 Replies

Reset Profile Boots Plant3D as Autocad

Hi, 

I recently installed plant ultimate suite on my pc. Its a network version and went on with no problem.
A slight annoying feature of the autocad and plant 3D software was the menu bar constantly disapearing despite me saving my profile. So i figured there was a problem with the profile so I pressed the reset button

Now Plant 3D seems to have disapeared. Its got no ribbons, no work spaces nothing. 
Im only new to Plant 3D so I dunno where else to check. Its the same problem on the Structural Package. 
Its like everytime I boot now its just loading a standard autocad.

Can anyone help me?
Im waiting on a support call from our IT Consultants but so far im here very confused as to why a reset of the profile has wiped everything out

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
cmcdonnell
in reply to: cmcdonnell

Just an update

When i log into my pc under a different user name it opens Plant 3D the way it should. If i log back in as myself it reverts back to basic autocad. So my roaming profile must be after getting all messed up. 
I opened plant under a different user and exported a new profile calling it "Daniel"

I then logged back in to my user name and imported the profile file daniel.arg and all the plant 3d menus, ribbon, workspaces etc have comeback. However I can now see the path below

C:\Users\DHILL\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD Plant 3D 2013 - English\R19.0\enu\

for many of the settings etc. 
This should obviously be my user name

C:\Users\CMCDO\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD Plant 3D 2013 - English\R19.0\enu\

but this profile seems to be corrupt or missing all the data. If i do a copy and replace I still have the same problems. 

Any advice? This is becoming more urgent

Message 3 of 4
rchiasson

Have you tried running a repair or reinstall?

Message 4 of 4
dgorsman

The "Reset profile" is a bit of a misnomer - it resets to the AutoCAD default, regardless of a vertical or third-party application loaded.  Its usually a good idea to stay away from it, or at least export the profile first (a little late, but maybe your problems can be a warning for others...).  I think you may be far enough into trouble where its time to do a repair install.  If you are going to a full reinstall, I'd recommend putting most of the data files outside of the Users\... path to sidestep a number of issues regarding access rights, different logins, and its plain simpler to remember (e.g. c:\Plant3D\2013\...).

9 times out of ten if there is a problem with the UI, its a workspace issue.  The workspace determines which toolbars, ribbon panels, palettes (Ribbon, Properties, etc.) are shown.  These can come from either the Main or Enterprise CUIx file; only those from the Main CUIx can be modified by the user.  If you are a sole user without dedicated CAD Admin, or a power user, its worth the time to look into how the CUIx files are organized so you know exactly where what is saved.  One of the main problems I've seen is automatically saving workspace settings; "something" happens where a CUIx file cannot be found, loaded, etc. so the UI elements don't get loaded.  The program continues and thinks "Ah, the UI has changed, I need to save the new settings.", but those changes are *wrong*.  Your workspace is now hooped.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost