AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report Creator - Separating, Reducers, Olets, Red Tees in BOM

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
JoeKay
1778 Views, 9 Replies

Report Creator - Separating, Reducers, Olets, Red Tees in BOM

I'm coming up with a problem in the Report Creator when it totals Reducers, Reducing Tees, and Olets. It seems to always stack them in one line under the main header size. No matter what options I select in the creator or in the query change this. If I have a 20x12, 20 x10 and 20x8 Tees it will quantify them as (3) 20x12 Tees. Same goes for the Reducers and Olets. I don’t want to have to manually add all these pieces each time. There has to be an option somewhere then can separate these line items. I’m using Plant 13 and a modified version of the 3D Parts template for the report. And insight to this issue would be greatly appreciated as I have hundreds of these fittings in my project. Thanks
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
jabowabo
in reply to: JoeKay

You need to add a sort for EVERY column header (except quantity):

Capture.PNG

Message 3 of 10
forrumako
in reply to: jabowabo

Thank you for your suggestion, anyway reducers don't seperate such as 75X40, 75X50 and 75X65 still show in 1 category. what should i do next??? 

kindly... and thank you for your suggestion.

Message 4 of 10
BSchwartzkopf
in reply to: forrumako

This is how we get the items to seperate.

Message 5 of 10
forrumako
in reply to: BSchwartzkopf

Thank you for your solution  ^^

Message 6 of 10
viet_protocad
in reply to: forrumako

I'm still strugging with this-- exactly which setting do I change to get the ND to show both ports?

Thanks!

--viet

Message 7 of 10
jabowabo
in reply to: viet_protocad

If you want main and reducing sizes together (e.g.: 4"x3") use 'Engineering Items_Size'. This works on version 2014 and up.  BTW, if you are reporting items with different size formats in the same report, like fittings and bolt sets, you will need to set up and expression to select the correct format.

Message 8 of 10
viet_protocad

it works. Thank you!

Message 9 of 10
Srisurya

I tried to add this engineeringitem_size but no luck.

Other post it mentioned this is not possible
any help guys
SriSurya Rao Lankapalli
Message 10 of 10
Tom_Jipping
in reply to: JoeKay

Hello,

I think I found a solution to this specific problem. I had the same issue that my reducing components were all bundled to the main (r.e. largest) diameter in the report creator.

The solution that worked for me is as follows:

In the Group and Sort window (you may need to activate said window: View tab -> Windows -> Group and Sort) there is a class order specified. In the default state the size is referenced as ''EngineeringItems_NominalDiameter'' if you set this sort to: ''EngineeringItems_Size'' it should work like a charm. At least it did for me.

Screenshot for clarification:

tomjipping_0-1649232769786.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost