AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report Creator Problems

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
JohnHolder
1073 Views, 3 Replies

Report Creator Problems

I am having issues with the report creator.

I have created a report with the report wizard, it is looking decient.

the issues is that I cannot find out how to add up the parts!

I open up a report created from the existing reports and there is

Sum([Quanity]) [MeasureUnit] infront of the PartSizeLongDesc field.

I cannot find out how to get this into the new report...

and google is comming up dry.

any ideas?

Thanks 

John.

An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't.
-------------------------------------
"Do or do not... there is no try"
Master Yoda.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dave.wolfe
in reply to: JohnHolder

Looks at the 3D parts report that comes in by default.  Notice that they put the table cells in a group header. This allows the group function to total the rows that would have appeared in the detail section.  Also, they run a script to convert the  value length to feet and inches. 

Honestly, I recommend starting with the 3D parts as a template and then modifying it to meet your needs. 

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 3 of 4
JohnHolder
in reply to: dave.wolfe

Dave,

I opened up the template generated template, then took a photo, since it seperates reducers properly!

then took your advice and went back to the <3d parts> and just compared them and modified it and it works

and looks much better now!  Thanks

Now I have to figure out how to change the pipe lengths to feet ( and meters for metric projects ) from inches/mm which it defaults to - I am worried that If I do some math in it, it will just modifiy ALL the sums from the fittings and equipment.

eg 3600 inchs of 3" pipe to 333.33 ft

36 - 3" fittings to 3 3" fittings.

but when I have time I can do some trials  at least now things are working again.

John.

An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't.
-------------------------------------
"Do or do not... there is no try"
Master Yoda.
Message 4 of 4
dave.wolfe
in reply to: JohnHolder

The feet length calculations can be viewed in the 3D Parts template as well.  If you select the Sum cell, and look at its properties, there is a Scripts properties which they use to populate the value when the Summary Calculated event is triggered.

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost