Mentor
gschimmi
Message 1 of 6 (447 Views)
Accepted Solution

Report Creator - picturebox with variable pics

447 Views, 5 Replies
08-16-2013 12:54 AM

Hello

in a report I've inserted a picture box. I want to change the URL (path) variable depending on the project with the content of a field in the project properties.

Is that possible or are there some other ideas?

Thanks

Guido

Plant3D 2014 German
WIN7

Hi,

here is the right answer.

I've contacted the support from DevExpress, they developed the reportcreator....

********************************************************************************************************

Assuming that the report data source collection includes a data field with the required picture URL value, use the Properties window -> Data Bindings -> Image URL option to link your picture box control to the corresponding data field (see http://screencast.com/t/prRMXWExxtM). It is possible to use this approach to link your picture box control to a report parameter (see the XtraReport.Parameters collection)

*********************************************************************************************************

Many, many Thanks to the support.

Guido

Product Support
Dan.Scales
Message 2 of 6 (401 Views)

Re: Report Creator - picturebox with variable pics

08-22-2013 07:35 AM in reply to: gschimmi

Hi,

Just to confirm the question, is it that you want a different image to be used in the report depending on the project that you run the report on?

Thanks,

Dan

Dan Scales
Mentor
gschimmi
Message 3 of 6 (383 Views)

08-25-2013 10:43 PM in reply to: Dan.Scales

Hi,

yes, this is exactly what I want.

Thanks

Plant3D 2014 German
WIN7
Product Support
Dan.Scales
Message 4 of 6 (368 Views)

08-28-2013 02:20 AM in reply to: gschimmi

Hi Guido,

I have logged a feature enhancement request with our developers for this functionality.

In the meantime you will need to use a different report for each project that contains the required image.

Thanks,
Dan

Dan Scales
Employee
PeterQuinn
Message 5 of 6 (350 Views)

08-30-2013 11:59 AM in reply to: Dan.Scales

The report creator has a very power scripting capability. You can do this with a some scripting. A good place to start is here: http://www.pdoteam.com/2012/06/introduction-to-scripts-with-the-plant-3d-report-creator/

Peter Quinn
Senior Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Mentor
gschimmi
Message 6 of 6 (329 Views)

09-04-2013 04:54 AM in reply to: PeterQuinn

Hi,

here is the right answer.

I've contacted the support from DevExpress, they developed the reportcreator....

********************************************************************************************************

Assuming that the report data source collection includes a data field with the required picture URL value, use the Properties window -> Data Bindings -> Image URL option to link your picture box control to the corresponding data field (see http://screencast.com/t/prRMXWExxtM). It is possible to use this approach to link your picture box control to a report parameter (see the XtraReport.Parameters collection)

*********************************************************************************************************

Many, many Thanks to the support.

Guido

Plant3D 2014 German
WIN7
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Plant 3D Category!

The AutoCAD Plant 3D forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.