AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rename Line Numbers

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Rich.O.3d
2596 Views, 8 Replies

Rename Line Numbers

OK so the client has decided that some of the text in the line number needs to be changed (from say 90-SF-ABC-30-012-PE  to 90-SF-BAC-30-012-PE) 

We have between 200 and 300 line numbers.

I thought i might be able to export from data manager to excel, change with find/replace then import back into data manager.

however allthe places that the line tag is exposed in the project settings, it is 'greyed out'

Any suggestions other than changing them manualy by selecting the entire line and editing the to a new line number in the properties box?

CAD Management 101:
You can do it your own way,
If its done just how I say!
[Metallica:And Justice For All:1988]
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
bogdanov.y
in reply to: Rich.O.3d

Right click on a pipe which you want change->"Append Selection"->Line Number. Then richt click -> properties change TAG. This operation for all 200 pipes Robot Mad ... 

Message 3 of 9
Rave.Tam
in reply to: Rich.O.3d

The line nunber should consists of a few properties, for example

Area-PIPE SPEC-SERVICE-Line Number

Is the "ABC" one of the property?

If ABC is the property, all you have to do is modify that property in the excel and the tag should auto update

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

Check out my blog http://lazcad.com
Message 4 of 9
bogdanov.y
in reply to: Rave.Tam

The "Line Number TAG" is the propierte that is don't change in the Data Manager. Is the Number that use for generate ISOS. And for change this you need to do this manually using selection of the each pipe group. It is my opinion...

Message 5 of 9
RSFAdsk
in reply to: bogdanov.y

Hello,

If you have data manager set to view objects by Area, you should be able to change the line number in Data manager if you select the "Pipe Lines" node.

Richard Frank
Autodesk Knowledge Network
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 6 of 9
alvaro.nimasco
in reply to: RSFAdsk

Hi Richard,  how can I do this in 2013 version where I can't see the 'Area(drawing property) like in 2012 ?  see img

I tried making a customized views to copy what 2012 diplays with no luck

thanks

Message 7 of 9

Hi there,

We have moved the Object/Area View control out of Project Setup directly into the Data Manager to make it more accessible.

If you set it to By Area, you can select the 'Pipe Lines' node as Rich mentioned and set the drop down up top to Project Data, and then edit the properties for the entire line number.

-damian

Screen Shot 2012-11-01 at 6.50.19 PM.png

Damian Willcox
Sr. XD Architect
Message 8 of 9
lynda.atkinsQ74G2
in reply to: RSFAdsk

:0) going to try it sounds like what i'm looking for

Message 9 of 9

Hard Set line Number Tag are non-editable is there a switch in project manager I can toggleHard Set line Number Tag are non-editable is there a switch in project manager I can toggle.JPG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost