AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registry Error Plant3D

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
296 Views, 2 Replies

Registry Error Plant3D

I am trying to use a trial of Plant3D but I have clouds instead of Plant3D icons in my ribbons and if I try to use the tool palette for anything, I get an error message that says the tool has not been registered (see attached). My administration is in Tulsa, OK, I am in Sacramento, CA. I'm so close to Autodesk I can practically see them from my office, yet our IT insists on having all the installs come from them. It's a real pain and this is the 3rd time I've installed Plant3D and it does the same thing everytime. The vanilla ACAD works fine, I can route pipe and change sizes by tricking it, but can't add flanges, valves, etc.

Does anyone have any solutions that my remote IT guys can try?

I have used P&ID and Plant3D for about 5 years at my other job and never came across this problem.

Thanks to all!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

No one seems to care about this problem, but if it makes any difference, we purchased Plant Design Suite even though we were not able to get it to run properly. I have hopes that doing this and talking to Autodesk directly will help get rid of this huge issue.

Message 3 of 3
PeterQuinn
in reply to: Anonymous

I don't think no one cares. It's just hard to have a solution for this kind of problem with limited data. My uninformed guess is that it has something to do with permissions, but I'm no expert when it comes to installers.

If you're still having problems, please contact product support.

Peter Quinn
Senior Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost