AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refrigeration Stop Vales: Assistance Please

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
dave
437 Views, 5 Replies

Refrigeration Stop Vales: Assistance Please

Help Please? I am trying to code some refrigeration stop valves, as per the images attached. They are through valves, but the body is angled. They can have either a seal cap or a handwheel. If anyone has some advice on the best style to use for the spec editor & the best way to cater for the 2 operator types, I would very much appreciate the experienced head start. Many thanks,

Dave Bradbury
Darbury Consulting Ltd.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
bgerig
in reply to: dave

Are you using Autocad Based blocks to create your Plant 3d Model for the catalog or are you trying to use the shapes Plant 3d provides? We have created some of the same valves however we used Autocad based blocks and have found success in creating and utilizing the exact same valves.

Brady Gerig
Shambaugh and Son
Message 3 of 6
patpat79
in reply to: bgerig

Two ways, create a autocad 3D model of the valve, then add it to the catalog as custom component, or create just the operator 3d model then add it into the catalog? This might work for you hopefully. Thanks and God bless.

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Message 4 of 6
dave
in reply to: bgerig

I was trying to keep it simple by using the standard valve in-built symbology. I have added the valves (based on a globe valve style) & am adding the operator but I am unsure how to add the operator at the 45deg angle & whether I can use both a seal cap & handwheel, as per the options.

I was looking in to AutoCAD 3D objects but I was unsure whether the isometric representations would be ok? Do you have any experience on these valves & what you found worked best for the specs, the users & the output to isometrics?

I appreciate the questions you posed; thank you

Dave Bradbury
Darbury Consulting Ltd.
Message 5 of 6
dave
in reply to: patpat79

Many thanks for this. I will try a couple of them & see if the results work well.
Dave Bradbury
Darbury Consulting Ltd.
Message 6 of 6
patpat79
in reply to: dave

I had been creating custom specs and catalogs for a while now for Company and other business as well. Normally i use custom symbols as well, but allfalls down and  depends on your requirement on Isometric output.

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost