AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reducer tag

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
422 Views, 2 Replies

Reducer tag

Hi everybody,

I have a big annoing problem with reducer tag.

I want to make my own reducer pipline dimension tag but it doesn't seem to work. I use Plant 2015 Ultimate.

I have tried 2 different structure for the attribute:

1- #(TargetObject.Size)/#(TargetObject.Size2)

This structure takes the information from my reducer symbol block. The problem is that the fields Size and Size1 are connected to the point AttachmentPoint1-> Size and AttachmentPoint2->Size1 and the pipline-AttachmentPoint match is in some way random so the tag (that must show the correct DN in the way of the pipline it referears) can be correct or it can be wrong (I have the DN the flipped)

Reducer.PNG

(Pink one Autodesk Tag, Blank one is my tag just duplicated and inserted and it doesn't work)

2 - #(Pipelines.Size)/#(Pipelines.Size)

This tag catch me random one of the two DN for both fields.

N.B. I have already tried to duplicate the standard Autodesk reducer and tag and even if I use duplicated ones just with different name they don't work. I can try to modify the standard ones just changing the textstyle but this shouldn't be the right practice.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Please move to Plant P&ID section. I notice right know that is in the wrong one.
Message 3 of 3
Dan.Scales
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Symo90,

It looks like the reducer annotations are hard-coded to use the existing names so you will need to modify one of them rather than create a new custom one.

I will log this limitation with our development team.

Thanks,

Dan

Dan Scales

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost