AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recover / Audit SOooooooo Slow!

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
philip
1846 Views, 1 Reply

Recover / Audit SOooooooo Slow!

not to sure if anyone else is having this issue

You crash and have are just short of your autosave so thankfully Autocad asks if you want to save a recover files so you hit the save button finish crashing out and go back into P3D a wonderful pallete opens saying autocad cad did not close correctly and gives to the options to the files and versions of those files which were open at time of crash and there at the top of the list is the time saving recover file Great you say you pick on it and open, and spend the next 20 minutes + waiting for it to run through it's auditing of the recover file!!!! Hey i could spend 10 minutes redoing the work I lost from my last autosave.

Anyway my questions are
1) why is it taking so long to do the auditing (i also note that if i run audit even on my working model it take forever) it ticks throught the "valid objects" okay 2-3 mintues for 400,000 objects but the next two steps are the time killer (the "Auditing Entities Pass 1" & "Pass 2")

2) Is there a better quicker way of auditing you models?
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
sivapd
in reply to: philip

Hi Philip, unfortunately drawing auto save and crash recovery is not supported well with P&ID and Plant 3D drawings. This is because a during manual save data is written into DWG files as well as a project database and we don't have a good mechanism to auto save the project database yet. Of course the recovery will work for graphics however the components added after the last save will not have any data in data manager. For this reason it is better to avoid drawing recovery with P&ID and Plant 3d models for now.
Thanks, Siva (Autodesk)

Siva Thankappan
Technical Sales, Plant Solutions, Asia Pacific
Autodesk Singapore

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost