AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Area" attribute for Iso templates... Why don't you work?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
414 Views, 2 Replies

"Area" attribute for Iso templates... Why don't you work?

I can't seem to find, or get to work in any way, the "Area" attribute for inserting into the ISO template.

Can anyone help with this?

Here is what I know...

1. "Area" key Is does come through into the .pcf file.
  2. I have the Attribute key in the .xml (i.e.  <Attribute Key="AREA" Tag="AREA" />  )

Here is what I have tried:

1. looking at all of the categories of the title block attribute dialog box for "AREA"
  2. Tried using a Field. In both the "title block" block and  in a created iso. All i get is "#####" in fact all of the current drawing field return that.
  3. I even tried adding the field espression to an attribute in the iso.atr file to see if i could get it to show up.

if i path the Field all the way to the to the drawing i am using to test, then the field will work but i cant use that template for any other drawings,...right?

Capture.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Asimo5000
in reply to: Anonymous

Unfortunately, ISO drawings don't behave like P&ID, 3D MODEL and ORTHO.

Therefore they do not have the drawing properties you seek, especially not custom drawing properties.

The best way is to have an area property as part of your P3D Line Group. So that when you generate the ISO, it can display the area you have entered there
Message 3 of 3
Artem_Marinin
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello Dear Community,

Is there any news about this topic?

I have seen Rick France (from Hagerman & Company, Inc.) set the Area attribute in a video (https://youtu.be/K2D-ITjtniA?t=35m).

But how did he do it?? Please, explane me.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Artem Marinin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost