AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project report output help

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
AarTomas
977 Views, 4 Replies

Project report output help

Hello!

I've been having some trouble with the Report Creator bundled with AutoCAD Plant 2013.

Here's my aim:

Create a PDF file (A bill of materials for example) from a project file in Plant 2013 that looks something like this.Goal.png

Via the AutoCAD Plant Report Creator 2013 with a single report configuration.

The 2 major hurdles I've noticed;

1.There seems to be no query for the quantity of a particular material (ex. 3 of the same type of ball valves showing up with 'Quantity = 3' instead of three identical rows).

2. When formatting the layout of the report there seems to be no way to separate the different types (ie. have some sort of header band with its own detail band, so that you can have separate sections for sockolets, weldolets, pipes etc.) Shown below. Question2.png

The other option I've been musing is to maybe just use AutoCAD Plant 3D 2013's export function (ie DONT use the AutoCAD Plant Report Creator), to get an easy-to-pdf excel file. However, even then there doen't seem to be an automatic (I did the lower window by hand) way to get the results I wanted, like separate tabs + Quantities.

Question1.png

If anyone has any suggestions and/or tips I'd love to hear them!

Thanks! Smiley Happy

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dave.wolfe
in reply to: AarTomas

There is an installed report that does all of this. I think it's called plant 3d BOM.

http://www.pdoteam.com/2012/07/creating-a-bill-of-material-row-number-in-plant-3d-reports/

l

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 3 of 5
AarTomas
in reply to: dave.wolfe

That looks like the right track, do you know if it's possible to get the quantity of each part? Via string script or something of the sort? The screenshot shown looks like it didn't have it.

Thanks for the help by-the-way!

Message 4 of 5
dave.wolfe
in reply to: AarTomas

Default files are stored here:

1-21-2013 1-02-12 PM.png

They already include a total column.

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 5 of 5
AarTomas
in reply to: dave.wolfe

Ah, I tried a few and it is the "3D Parts" configuration that shows it. Thanks for the help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost