AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project-internal XREF issues

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
385 Views, 1 Reply

Project-internal XREF issues

When trying to xref a 3D foundation drawing in my project into a 3D equipment drawing in my project for placing the equipment, I hover over the xref'ed drawing and I get a message which says: "This xref is not in the project. To view model information and include connection functionality, use the Project Manager to add the xref to the project." How do I do this? Why is this necessary? Can anybody help me please, I am pretty new to AutoCAD, and Plant 3D, and I can't figure this out. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you,

Dustin Chelius

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
RSFAdsk
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello and welcome,

You should be able to ico_project_manager_copy_drawing[2].png Copy Drawing to Project in Project Manager.  If you are just getting started, you might want to watch some of the videos here.  It is necessary to add the xref to the project because any drawing that contains Plant 3D objects needs to be part of the current project (so that it will appear in Datamanager...). 

If the drawing does not contain plant 3D objects, you do not need to add it to the project.  But you will not be able to connect to equipment nozzles, for example.

Richard Frank
Autodesk Knowledge Network
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost