AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program freezes during equipment insertion/tagging

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
j_kadej
391 Views, 3 Replies

Program freezes during equipment insertion/tagging

Hi,

I have problem with AP3D. Everything works fine until I try to insert equipment or assign a tag but then whole thing freezes and I can't do a thing. There is no notification or warning. I was using Plant until now without any problems for some time now.

I would appreciate quick response

Regards

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Dan.Scales
in reply to: j_kadej

Hi,

Try clearing the data cache by running the PnPLocalDataCachePurger.exe from the install folder of Plant 3D.

Thanks,
Dan

Dan Scales
Message 3 of 4
blorich
in reply to: Dan.Scales

Also make sure your hardware accelerated is turned on.  

Is it every peice of equipment that you have the problem or something in particular?  We have noticed similar issues if you create a centrifugal pump and if the motor or pump casing dimensions interefer with the base. sometimes it will fatal error auocad, other times it will insert the equipment but will be bugged out to where there are 5 nozzles on the pump.... weird stuff.

Message 4 of 4
j_kadej
in reply to: j_kadej

@Dan, thanks for the advice. While waiting for a reply my admin re-installed autocad and it solved the problem but i'm sure to try your method next time the problem occurs.

@blorich, I didn't try to insert every piece of equipment but the program was freezing with all of them which I tried to put in in the drawing (mostly valves, tanks, pumps and filters).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost