AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with SQL express data update

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
robirini66
944 Views, 7 Replies

Problem with SQL express data update

I have a PLANT3D proyect with SQL expess database local on my workstation.

With this configuration I can change data in any field of database from PLANT Data Manager or from SQL manager (or Access),  without any problem.

I can read the updated data immediately everywhere.

...but...

I have also the same PLANT3D proyect with SQL expess database on my network server.

With this configuration if I change data of database from PLANT Data Manager I see the new data in SQL manager and if I change data in SQL manager (or Access) I don't have the updated data in PLANT.

I tryed also to refresh the list in data manager without changes.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
h_eger
in reply to: robirini66

Where in Plant 3D or P&ID is written that I can modify data in SQL Express or Access?

-

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
Anlagenplanung + Elektotechnik
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
Peter_Jansoone
in reply to: h_eger

When you use a project on a network, the software creates a cache of the database on the local drive. You can clean that cache by running nPLocalDataCachePurger.exe in folder C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2015\PLNT3D.

Do this with the software closed. After restarting the program rebuilds the cache.

---------------------
Peter Jansoone
Plant Design software consultant at Arkance Systems Belgium
Message 4 of 8
PeterQuinn
in reply to: Peter_Jansoone

You probably don't need to remove the cache to see the changes, but you probably do need to open the drawing again. The local data cache will update with changed data. My understanding is that it will update changes to the local cache when you open a drawing.

It's safe to read directly from the SQL database but it's not necessarily so to make changes. We have APIs for making data changes that make sure all the appropriate relationships are updated. 

Peter Quinn
Senior Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 8
robirini66
in reply to: h_eger

Hi h.eger

I find also this doc.

http://ww3.cad.de/foren/ubb/uploads/Marvin41/ExternalDatabaseReference.pdf

In the annex B (at the end) it seems that the connection between database
and P&ID/ PLANT is bidirectional. is it not so ?

Best regards
Message 6 of 8
robirini66
in reply to: PeterQuinn

Hi
I tried many times to open and close Plant but data manager not update
itself. I wrote a lisp to cancel the old cache when I open Plant and now it
work properly. Tank you fir your reply
Message 7 of 8
robirini66
in reply to: Peter_Jansoone

Very well.
You are right. This cache is the problem.
Is There the possibility to do not create this cache or automatically clean
it?

Thank you and Best regards

Robir
Message 8 of 8

Hello. 2 years ago you wrote about API which controls bidirectional update with SQL express. Because I have a problem when I tried to change some rows in SQL and want to achieve this change in data manager, plant3D cache store original data. It is somehow possible to help me maybe send Api or I dont know. Thanks to you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost