AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Line Numbers Help Please!

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Vitornis
1387 Views, 9 Replies

Problem with Line Numbers Help Please!

Some of my pipe runs wont change from unassigned line number. It seems to be that only certain line numbers wont assign themselves to my piping.
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Vitornis
in reply to: Vitornis

It also seems to be that it's only one line numbers of a certain service in my project.
Message 3 of 10
Vitornis

OK i took one of the line in my PIDs and changed the service to something else and then it would let me assign the line number to my pipe. Then i went back and changed the line number for 1000 to 2000 and changed the service back to the correct service. It would then let me assign the line number to my pipe. But then i changed the line number back to the correct line number and now it still wont let me assign the number to my pipe. Anyone have any clues as to what the problem is? Thanks,
Message 4 of 10
Vitornis

Anyone have any suggestions?
Message 5 of 10
Vitornis

OK i finally got it to let me assign a certain line number from a certain service by creating a new project and copying the PID to it and creating a new model drawing an it finally let me assign the pie line number to a pipe run. Now i wonder how i can get this to work back in my original project.
Message 6 of 10
Vitornis

I also copied my original model to this new project and it will also let me assing the line number to my pipe.
Message 7 of 10
Vitornis

Well the only way i could fix this problem was to create a new project and import all of my files over to it. My only guess there was a bad database record for the line numbers i couldn't assign.
Message 8 of 10
JoeKay

Hello Vitornis, I believe this happens after you have a crash or something that affects the database. I have removed this error by simply running a Project Audit from the Project Manager. This will delete and clean up any unused or glitched line numbers.
Message 9 of 10
JohnHolder
in reply to: JoeKay

Same issue has happened to me, and Audit project worked just like MrJoeSchmo.

An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't.
-------------------------------------
"Do or do not... there is no try"
Master Yoda.
Message 10 of 10
Vitornis
in reply to: JoeKay

That worked i went back to my original project file and it fixed the line number issue thanks much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost