AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with custom part in isometric

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
dennis_thol
454 Views, 5 Replies

Problem with custom part in isometric

Hello!

I've made my own angle safety valves, started with models and then made a new part in spec editor. I started with a DN 25 and everything went well, but then I realized I needed a DN 40 as well. I made a similar plantpart (not exact) and added the model to the DN 40 in catalog editor. So it's the same skey and type for iso.

The problem is when I make an ISO the DN40 angle safety valve does not become an angle. My pipe is going up in Z, then it's the safety valve and the pipe continuous in horizontal and then straight up. But instead of showing that, from the first bend to the last it's a 45 degree pipe with the valve in the end like a regular valve also in 45 degree.

This is my first time making own parts so maybe I missed something. I've also added  a PDF file so you might understand.

Thank you for answers.

Best regards Dennis Thol, TecNet Nordic AB

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

When you converted the part with "plantpartconvert" command did you selected the ports with the same order?

Regards,
Attila Vallyon
Message 3 of 6

Hello and thanks for response.

I'm not sure if I did enter the ports in a specific order, I just added the ports wich I needed. Does it mather?

I'll try change if that's the case!

Dennis

Message 4 of 6

Hello again, I tried to change the order of ports but no results.

Any other tips maybe?

I've added a PDF with the safety valve alone in a quick ISO, here you can see that it's an anlge.

Thanks for helping!

Message 5 of 6
dennis_thol
in reply to: dennis_thol

Sovled it by making an entirely new component.

Thanks anyway!

Message 6 of 6

I'm not sure if I did enter the ports in a specific order, I just added the ports wich I needed. Does it mather?

I'll try change if that's the case!

Actually it does matter.

The port number in the catalog editor is the port what you select in the model when converting with the "plantpartconvert

" command. So the first selected point will be the port 1, the second will be the port 2 then etc...

Regards,
Attila Vallyon

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost