AutoCAD Plant 3D General DIscussion

AutoCAD Plant 3D General DIscussion

dennis_thol
Message 1 of 6 (200 Views)

Problem with custom part in isometric

200 Views, 5 Replies
06-11-2012 12:04 AM

Hello!

I've made my own angle safety valves, started with models and then made a new part in spec editor. I started with a DN 25 and everything went well, but then I realized I needed a DN 40 as well. I made a similar plantpart (not exact) and added the model to the DN 40 in catalog editor. So it's the same skey and type for iso.

The problem is when I make an ISO the DN40 angle safety valve does not become an angle. My pipe is going up in Z, then it's the safety valve and the pipe continuous in horizontal and then straight up. But instead of showing that, from the first bend to the last it's a 45 degree pipe with the valve in the end like a regular valve also in 45 degree.

This is my first time making own parts so maybe I missed something. I've also added  a PDF file so you might understand.

Thank you for answers.

Best regards Dennis Thol, TecNet Nordic AB

Valued Mentor
attila_vallyon
Message 2 of 6 (193 Views)

Re: Problem with custom part in isometric

06-11-2012 12:12 AM in reply to: dennis_thol

When you converted the part with "plantpartconvert" command did you selected the ports with the same order?

Regards,
Attila Vallyon
dennis_thol
Message 3 of 6 (190 Views)

06-11-2012 12:18 AM in reply to: attila_vallyon

Hello and thanks for response.

I'm not sure if I did enter the ports in a specific order, I just added the ports wich I needed. Does it mather?

I'll try change if that's the case!

Dennis

dennis_thol
Message 4 of 6 (185 Views)

06-11-2012 12:57 AM in reply to: attila_vallyon

Hello again, I tried to change the order of ports but no results.

Any other tips maybe?

I've added a PDF with the safety valve alone in a quick ISO, here you can see that it's an anlge.

Thanks for helping!

dennis_thol
Message 5 of 6 (154 Views)

06-11-2012 05:16 AM in reply to: dennis_thol

Sovled it by making an entirely new component.

Thanks anyway!

Valued Mentor
attila_vallyon
Message 6 of 6 (151 Views)

06-11-2012 06:37 AM in reply to: dennis_thol

I'm not sure if I did enter the ports in a specific order, I just added the ports wich I needed. Does it mather?

I'll try change if that's the case!

Actually it does matter.

The port number in the catalog editor is the port what you select in the model when converting with the "plantpartconvert

" command. So the first selected point will be the port 1, the second will be the port 2 then etc...

Regards,
Attila Vallyon
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Plant 3D Category!

The AutoCAD Plant 3D forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.