AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with branch table when i have two pipes

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
mario.brecher
1132 Views, 11 Replies

Problem with branch table when i have two pipes

Hi to all!

In the Spec editor. When i have branches with 2 different pipes. for example, same diameter, but one of them is thicker. 

so normal i take "pipe1" but on some diameters i need to take "pipe2" for the smaler diameter in the branch table. 

it works fine if i take a "T" it works fine. but with a pipe, it does not take the "pipe2" it allways takes the "pipe1" when i'd like to make a branch in the drawing. 

does someone has the same problem?

(hope you can understand my "english")

greatings from austria

Mario

System: Plant 3D 2014 with extension2

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
patpat79
in reply to: mario.brecher

Can you please explain further so we could understand more. thanks

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Message 3 of 12
mario.brecher
in reply to: patpat79

Hi patpat79!

Thank you for your reply. i try to explain it better. 

in the spec editor i have made a spec. and there are 2 Pipes in it. (see P1.jpg)

1st is "ROHR ISO" (it is the normal pipe)

2nd is "ROHR ISO Dickwandig, für......" (it has an thickness of s=4mm)

In the branch table the 2nd Pipe is set for branch. P(s=4mm-ISO) for example on diameter 300x25mm (see P2.jpg)

In Plant 3D when i make a 300mm pipe. then click on the "plus button" (see P3.jpg) and change the diameter to 25mm it should take the 2nd pipe.

But it takes the 1st pipe. (see P4.jpg).

it works with all fittings, but not with a pipe in the branch table. 

Hope that it explained better. 

Thank you again.

(P4.jpg is in the next reply. because i can only add 3 attachments).

Message 4 of 12
mario.brecher

the missing attachment of the last reply

Message 5 of 12
patpat79

As per your attached image, tha'ts a stub-in piping on which the branch size is 25mm right? So what is your problem in this snap?? Can you please explain more?? thanks.

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Message 6 of 12
mario.brecher

the problem is, that the wrong pipe is taken for the branch. 

it should has taken the other one. the pipe with the bigger wall-thickness. 

so it has taken the 1st pipe with normal wall-thickness. 

but i have set in the branch table, that is has to be the 2nd pipe with bigger wall-thickness. 

for your note. some of the branches need bigger wall thickness. so i managed it with the branch table.

on pictur P2.jpg you can see, that the normal pipe is "P2" and on this "stub in connection" it should choose "P" (the pipe with the wallthickness of 4mm).

hope that helps to explain

Message 7 of 12
patpat79

Just a question, do you use 2 pipe schedule/thickness on same "nominal diameter" of pipe?? For example, you use "sch40 and 40s" for Pipe size 15 to 40. Because if not, you can just add two types of pipe in your spec, (make the 1st pipe size range to 15-40 only.(Eg. Pipe, sch 40, Seamless = 15 - 40 ) and the other pipe size range to 50-250 (Eg. Pipe, sch 40s, Seamless = 50 - 250). The Sizes are just example digits, this is what i normally do as per project and client standard i had made. In this set up, only your desired pipe schedule or thickness will be used on the size you want them to be used. Thanks, hope it helps.

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Message 8 of 12
mario.brecher

i asked i users the same. it is not possible, because they need them bough. 

to draw a normal line, they need the standard pipe. to make a stub in on some diameters, they need the pipe with more thickness. 

my question: is it a bug, or is not possible to make this solution?

btw. thank you for your help.

Message 9 of 12
patpat79

Sorry but i can't seem to understand that you are using a different "pipe schedule/thickness" on same size of a pipe, and the only factor that affects your thickness is when the pipe is a branch piping?? For me as a Piping designer and also an Admin, i cant comprehend using for example, ( a size 25mm Pipe with wall thickness of 4mm for routing, and a size 25mm Pipe with wall thickness of 2mm for stub branching/or lets say a branch). And as per branch table, as to what i know, you can only assign different Pipe thickness if and only, you have 2 or more type of Pipe in your spec, so to summarize, you still need to do what i am suggesting earlier for that branch table to be as what you want it. Sorry this is the only help i could give for now. Thanks.

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Message 10 of 12
mario.brecher

for the technical info: it is the customers specification. on welding a a stub in, the reason is, that bigger dimensions hast a thickness of for example 10mm. and the 25mm has only 2mm. so they have to take a bigger thickness on smaller dimesions because of welding them together and something like "weldoleds" are not allowed. 

i make the workaround with changing the pipes after place it, or placing the other pipe from the spec. 

thank again for your time. 

Message 11 of 12
patpat79

Yes, that's the only way that i also think if you have two sets of Pipe with the same size bracket/range. Thanks also for the time.

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Message 12 of 12
audish.fahmi

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem, I am making spec where there are 2 kinds of pipes, pipe 1 is DIN / ISO (DN15-DN400), it is used as a Header, other pipe 2 is ANSI / ASTM (DN150-DN350), it is used as a branch in some cases but not for the whole branch but only a piece of this (300mm) and then I continue with the branch with DIN / ISO pipe, see the images to get a better impression.

Header is DN400 DIN / ISO pipe (material P235GH) and the branch is DN300 also DIN / ISO (same material P235GH), but the branch DN300 DIN must start with a piece of e.g. 300 mm ASTM pipe with other material (ASTM A333 GRADE 6 LT45), so while drawing I want to get this situation automatically for amplification.

It is also ok if I get a Nipple instead of pipe in this situation. I have already tried but without result, I get the branch with the same Header-pipe.

It is important that when I create a report, I see this piece there as pipe ASTM).

Please your help,

Thanks in advance.

Branch Table_1.pngBranch Table_2.pngBranch Table_3.pngBranch Table_4.pngBranch Table_5.pngBranch Table_6.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost