AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with adding Lap-Joint : Collar not found

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Fragels
2065 Views, 6 Replies

Problem with adding Lap-Joint : Collar not found

Hi

I'm trying to add a simpel Lap-Joint to my pipe.

I keep getting the same error message with both my custom spec and a standard DIN spec.

The flange has end type 1: FL and end type 2: LAP

The collar has end type 1: LAP and end type 2: BV

Is this correct?

Is there any other property that can cause this fault?

Attached a picture of the error message.

BR

Marcus Nyström

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
RSFAdsk
in reply to: Fragels

Hello Marcus,

These can be tricky, but the first thing to check that all fasteners and adapters are in the spec.  The second is to insert the adapter from the spec viewer manually to verify it is there and see how it behaves (when inserting the adapter manually, the connection logic is simplified because only simple joints need to be created).  Finally take a look at the project connector settings.  If none of these things help maybe I can get size and details to try to recreate. 

See also: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Plant-3D/Disconnected-Message-on-joints/m-p/2666747

Richard Frank
Autodesk Knowledge Network
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 7
Fragels

When I use the Spec Viewer to add the flange I get no error message. But the collars and bolt marker is added as placeholders. And there is no gasket added at all.

The Joint settings are setup as standard.

End 1                 End 2                   Fasteners

StubLaped      LAP                   BV, PL                    Stub-end, Buttweld

CollarLaped    LAP                   BV, PL                    Collar, Buttweld

Flange             FL                        FL                         Gasket, Bolt set

Exampel of joint i try to build:

Pipe: ID DN50 (54x2mm)

Collar ID DN50 (54x2mm) Lenght 45 Outside diameter: 102 mm Pressure class PN16

Flange Outside diameter 165 mm Bore diameter 65 mm Thickness 19 mm Pressure class PN16

Gasket 61x107x1.5 mm

/Marcus

Message 4 of 7
Fragels

I think I finaly got things working.

I removed the line "CollarLaped" from the Joint settings. The error message dissapeared.

Thanks!

Message 5 of 7
RSFAdsk

Glad to hear this is working for you.

Yes if you have two or more joints that have the conditions, the first one listed in the Joint Setup Dialog is chosen (order set in defaultconnectorsconfig.xml).  You substitute to another joint type, or as you have done delete one that you do not want.

Richard Frank
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 6 of 7
bogdanov.y
in reply to: RSFAdsk

Sorry to up this old post, but I want to set the priority for diferents conections that have the same end types, for example "StubLapped" and "CollarLapped". I open the file defaultconnectorsconfig.xml but in this file thereisn't nothing to change the priority of the connection. The StubLapped is the first than CollarLapped but the priotity is other (the first is CollarLapped).

Message 7 of 7
RSFAdsk
in reply to: bogdanov.y

Hi,

Well to test, possibly you can <!-- comment  --> out StubLapped and check that CollarLapped inserts.  But it sounds like you have done things correctly.

In the project's DefaultConnectorsConfig.xml, if everything else is equal and components for both types are available, then I expect the order of <joint> in <joints> to be used.  Possibly I can look at the XML or the project here.

Richard Frank
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost