AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in REport Designer

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
bapan_b
1198 Views, 13 Replies

Problem in REport Designer

Hi,

I want to create a new Valve Report Layout by using Plant report Creator. I have added new Class properties of hand valve in Plant 3D project setup. Those new class properties are now available in Report Designer Field List.

Now I want to add those properties in Hand Valve which are available in Pipe Line Group in Non Engineering Items and Pipe Line Segments in Engineering Items  (i,e Service & Pipe Line Tag). In "Edit query" of Report Configuration I have included the available classes of Pipe Line Group & Pipe Line Segment. During Report Print preview the hand Valves are coming twise, one is for Hand valve Class and other is of Pipe Line Group.

Next problem is that I want to add Sl.No. in Report Layout. please help............

Report Desiner.pngEdit Query.png

15 Years Experience in Piping
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
jabowabo
in reply to: bapan_b

Create acquisition properties for the valves to acquire any line group properties you want to report. These are the properties you will want to reference in the report layout.
Message 3 of 14
bapan_b
in reply to: jabowabo

Thanks, that worked but the "SL.NO" is not comming.

Message 4 of 14

Hi Bapan,

Can you try adding your SL.NO as a new data source and see whether it helps.

rtaImage.png

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 5 of 14

Thank you for your early responce Vinod,

I am trying to Add new DataSource from Report Tasks, its asking "Choose a data Connection/Which connection should th wizard use?". After click on New connection, Data Link Properties dialog box is comming.

How to link data and which data I will connect, please help with detail steps and snap shorts.

SLNO.png

Message 6 of 14

may i ask where is your sl.no coming from. These are different databases, if you have those numbers in an excel or access, you could choose one of them. May i ask where these numbers are coming from for your project ?

Vinod Balasubramanian

Message 7 of 14

sl.no is nothing but a Sequential number/serial number, it is not related with project or database.

slno3.png

Message 8 of 14

Thanks Bapan. Can you send me a screenshot of what data field you have mapped SL.NO with in report creator.

Vinod Balasubramanian

Message 9 of 14

Hi Bapan,

Just wanted to check with you for an update. Please let us know, if you need further assistance.

We will be glad to assist you further.

Your understanding and support is greatly appreciated. Have a great day !

Thanks,
Vinod.

Vinod Balasubramanian

Message 10 of 14

Hi Vinod...

Acutally Column marked "Sl.No." featuring in the report is not a member of any database or this cell has not been mapped with any Database element and actually it is not possible also ???

As you know we generally provide SL.No. for any table to identify the rows later for reference. Hence we wanted to include this in the report. In my opinion this is possible only when we are able to relate the value of the cell in the previous row. As we do in excel sheet. To create Sl.No. in excel sheet, we just simply add 1 with previous cell value.

I think I could make you understand the matter. expecting early solution from you...

Message 11 of 14
dave.wolfe

You can use the technique shown here to place a row number.

http://www.pdoteam.com/2012/07/creating-a-bill-of-material-row-number-in-plant-3d-reports/

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 12 of 14
jabowabo

Message 13 of 14
bapan_b
in reply to: dave.wolfe

Thanks Dave, row number is coming properly.

Message 14 of 14

Thanks Dave. Bapan, glad to hear everything is working well.

Vinod Balasubramanian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost