AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem connecting custom flange with existing valve

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
david.flores
693 Views, 1 Reply

Problem connecting custom flange with existing valve

I have created a custom flange (1 inch 150LB ) with a Camlock connection for a client. (See attachment Camlock Flange 01). When I attempted to move and connect the flange to a previously insert valve, I get a message "Parts do not fit". (See attachment Camlock Flange 02) However if the valve is moved away from the tee that it is connected to, then the custom flange connects normally (see attachment Camlock Flange 03).

When I attempted to move the valve and connected flange back to the tee, I get the same error "Parts do not fit" (See attachment Camlock Flange 04).

When I place a pipe spool between the valve and custom flange, everything is fine. (See attachment Camlock Flange 05). I simply want to connect the custom flange to the valve without the extra pipe spool.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am working with Autocad Plant 3D 2013.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
david.flores
in reply to: david.flores

To everyone;

Problem resolved. I originally created the item in Autocad and converted it using plantequipmentconvert. When I found Dave Wolfe's tutorial on adding custom parts to the catalog and spec, I decided to try that approach even though it was a single item. The process was easy and everything is fine now. The only issue was to scale up the custom flange so it would fit in a metric project, with imperial pipe sizes.

I do not know if there is a way to automatically scale a custom object so that it can be used in both imperial and metric projects. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you Dave Wolfe, your tutorials have been very useful.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost