AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preventing Isometric Spliting advice

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
PatrickByrne
789 Views, 5 Replies

Preventing Isometric Spliting advice

Does anybody have any hints on how to stop the Iso splitting into 2 drawings.

Since I want the isometric to look the same each time I need this to be permanent in the Isostyle and not have the user change the settings in the Advanced Iso creation Options dialog during Isometric creation.

I have looked at changing the CongestionLevel in the Isoconfig file but this does not appear to take effect. Any help appreciated.

<Auto SplitSymbol="SplitMark" SpoolSplit="false" IdentifySpools="true" SplitOnCongestion="true" CongestionLevel="1" />

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Rich.O.3d
in reply to: PatrickByrne

refer my reply on the AtE page

CAD Management 101:
You can do it your own way,
If its done just how I say!
[Metallica:And Justice For All:1988]
Message 3 of 6
PatrickByrne
in reply to: Rich.O.3d

Thank you for your answer:  What i do is, once ive got the ISO's to the congestion/spliting level that I want, I go back through the model and add 'break points' (from the ISO tab when modeling) to the locations that the ISO split at, this then gives me consistent ISO break points and drawing numbers regardless of who does the ISO dump next time.”

We can have over 400 models so I was hoping to set this is the Isoconfig file. I am coming from a CadWorx background which uses Isogen. Isogen’s congestion default setting is excellent and I am usually happy where it splits the pipe line and the amount of information on the drawing. Plant 3D splits the pipe line into a lot more Isometric drawings and the resulting Isometric drawings are not as good. I know this will improve in later releases but for now I want to set the Congestion Level to 1 in the Isoconfig file.

Can I set this in the Isoconfig file and what other ways are there for improving the Isometric split without having to manually add break points.

Message 4 of 6

You may want to check the thread below for setting the congestion level (I haven't tested this suggestion yet)

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Plant-3D/Force-iso-onto-one-sheet/m-p/3275015#M4196

You can try using user defined properties to split iso, if you think that might help you to align your isos better.

• Open the isoconfig.xml of your isostyle. Don't use the spool iso style here because we do now an overrunning of the Custom User Interface. So use for example the CHECK_A2 isostyle for testing.
• Search for the 'ModelBreakPoint' and change
o Change <Model Split="true" ModelSplitMethod="ModelBreakPoint">
o To --> <Model Split="true" ModelSplitMethod="PropertyChange">
o Also change the value for 'PropertyChange' to 'Anders' which is in this example your new user-defined property.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 5 of 6

Spoiler
Dear Autodesk Support

Can you please give more specific for below part

o Also change the value for 'PropertyChange' to 'Anders' which is in this example your new user-defined property

Message 6 of 6

No luck, could you explain further

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost