AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point cloud causing NVIDIA kernel crash

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
wynand
684 Views, 0 Replies

Point cloud causing NVIDIA kernel crash

Hi there,

We're using 2014 Plant 3D Ultimate and Inventor Premium, started to use point clouds a while ago. We never had issues, until now. This one set, a 15 floor building scan is crashing when inserting it into AutoCAD and Inventor.

All SP's up to date. I’ve tried 4 different drivers, from Autodesk and NVIDIA. Some of the earlier drivers caused the PC to restart as soon as I press the OK button when inserting the point cloud in Inventor.

I have a HPZ820, 32Gig Ram, FX4000video.Heart, but still changed performance settings to optimum performance, the video card driver Power Management Mode was also changed from Use Global Setting to Prefer Maximum Performance. Nothing helped

The supplier has no issues with the files on their software: Cyclone Cloudworks. The files it is exported to .pts and/or .pcg files and then sent to us. We have received some files from them before and had no issues.

After allot of changing settings via Recap (where everything works fine) and Smiley Frustrated almost giving up we requested a new set of files.

These seem to work fine. So the error was never an Autodesk error, but that it did not export correctly from Cyclone......Smiley Mad unless they did something different on the export and did not want to tell us.

Hope the above helps if you run into this type of error....

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost