AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plotting issue

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
JohnHolder
512 Views, 6 Replies

Plotting issue

I am using a mix of ORTHO views and the <view> command for a drawing set. the ortho views that I imported into the SSM work fine, all geometry shows up. The views I have from the <view> command and the SSM, some of the piping geometry

does not show up.  all of the piping is on the same layer.  same properties.  just some do not show up.

Also, the views always plot as <3d hidden> regardless of what I set and save them at on the sheet.  As a trial, I changed one sheet to <shaded> and plotted it showed as <3d hidden> then changed to <2d wireframe> and plotted it showing <3d hidden>

I am running out of ideas.

anyone have a suggestion?

John.

An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't.
-------------------------------------
"Do or do not... there is no try"
Master Yoda.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi,

Can you please provide us the drawing and also a screenshot of the plot settings.Please also attach the plot styles, if you are using any.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 3 of 7

what email should I send the drawing to?

An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't.
Master Yoda.
Message 4 of 7
Rich.O.3d
in reply to: JohnHolder

couple of things to check/try/play with

on the properties tab of the viewport you can set 'shade plot'

also top left area of print dialogue box has shade plot drop down

different combos between these can affect the output

although, the views generated using the ortho part of plant arent viewports looking at the model, they are like using solprof...you get what you get, no adjusting display settings, they are a snapshot of a view in the model with hidden edges removed

CAD Management 101:
You can do it your own way,
If its done just how I say!
[Metallica:And Justice For All:1988]
Message 5 of 7
JohnHolder
in reply to: Rich.O.3d

ok I can change how it plots and it's working properly again - strage that happened in the first place.

thanks for pointing out the <shade plot> in the properties.

The geometry is still missing in <hidden> <3d hidden>

it shows up with <wireframe> and <shades of grey> etc. during plots

Visually everything is ok in the viewport.

This is the first time I have used ortho views ( new to plant 3d )

I have always used <3d hidden> with views with the sheet set manager with no issues.

it's a bit upsetting that Ortho views and the SSM are not compatable. ( cannot linked ortho views to the sheet view tab )

Still having some of the geometry missing in hidden styles but visible on wireframe and shaded style plots is strange.

Master Yoda.
Message 6 of 7

I have sent you a private message with an FTP link to upload the files. Can you please upload it there.

Thank you.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 7 of 7
dsmeisle
in reply to: JohnHolder

Was a solution for this issue ever found?  I and (2) other designers here are having the same problem in three different models.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost