AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plantprojecttovault only in root of vault

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
lars
320 Views, 3 Replies

plantprojecttovault only in root of vault

Hello

When I create plant project from existing projects i cant place in vault subfolders only in root - how to?

Regards Lars

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
kudryavcevrm
in reply to: lars

I have studied the issue and don't found any Autodesk decision. Only way for you is to move project  from root "by hands" or do it by scripts.

It is important for me also!

Message 3 of 4
lars
in reply to: kudryavcevrm

but does that solution work? it cant get it to work, the paths in project.xml is not changed etc.

Message 4 of 4
kudryavcevrm
in reply to: lars

I'm not sure  and can't to verify for sure now (today I do not have 2014 license).

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Plant-3D/Plant3D-Vault-project-location-in-Vault/m-p/3799399#M...

Generally speaking, it is possible to adjust all settings in vault. Because I need to store Plant 3D not in root, but in custom object, I will plan to create script in Vault like trigger in database, which will be to move project to the  location desired for me. Also it is possible to change all the xml files in such script.

It is really sad, that Plant 3D API does not allow to create projects programmatically 😞

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost